Home

Is that it for E3 (NCAA)?

This is a discussion on Is that it for E3 (NCAA)? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2003, 11:42 AM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Is that it for E3 (NCAA)?

Just curious…

Can we expect any more media or pics, preferably of NCAA 2004, from E3 or is that it for the expo??

Not a complaint…just a question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2003, 11:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Is that it for E3 (NCAA)?

I was going to ask the same thing. I was sort of hoping for videos, but the screens and impressions by themselves were better than just about everything that's been given by the major gaming sites.

P.S. Around when will betas be given out to video game sites? If my memory serves me correctly, it's usually 2 or 3 weeks before release.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:45 PM   #3
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I would like some more info on NCAA 2004 as well. I wonder what the Tigers will be ranked?
Old 05-27-2003, 01:06 PM   #4
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Fish,

My guess would be somewhere around 8th or so. EA doesn’t usually give Auburn “that much love” so to speak. Every preseason publication has us hovering between 1 and 6.

The bigger question I have is how EA will rate the Auburn backfield. Even though we have FOUR backs who all deserve VERY high ratings, I bet only Caddy and Ronnie will be rated high….Tre will get the shaft, Brandon…not so sure.

EA is notorious for rating backups low…regardless of how good they are.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

I hate the way they rate backups, it means that by season 2 of your dynasty a bunch of teams have frosh QBs as starters. In season 2 of my dynasty, LSU, S Car, Clemson, and Arkansas all had frosh QBs starting for them. How are freshmen able to beat out Mauck, Whitehurst, and Matt Jones? I can see one of them getting beaten out, but not all of them. Backups either need to be rated better or the quality of incoming recruits needs to be bumped down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2003, 03:28 PM   #6
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Last year we were able to download some awesome vids of actual footage of NCAA 2003 from E3. Not to mention other games. It seems that all over the net the footage is rare.........or my cpu can't view it. Even ign hasn't got anything as far as I know.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Kirk... by game 3 or 4 Ryan Sorahan is likely going to be the Arkansas starting QB.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:11 PM   #8
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I hate the way they rate backups, it means that by season 2 of your dynasty a bunch of teams have frosh QBs as starters. In season 2 of my dynasty, LSU, S Car, Clemson, and Arkansas all had frosh QBs starting for them. How are freshmen able to beat out Mauck, Whitehurst, and Matt Jones? I can see one of them getting beaten out, but not all of them. Backups either need to be rated better or the quality of incoming recruits needs to be bumped down.

THats why they need to tie experience in more. Cause IRL Mauck at LSU won't be the best QB at LSU there are 2 freshmen that will be better but his knowledge of the offense will keep him as the starter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »