Home

I forgot how unbelievably god awful NCAA 08 was

This is a discussion on I forgot how unbelievably god awful NCAA 08 was within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I forgot how unbelievably god awful NCAA 08 was

I never trade games in, and the main reason is that when nostalgia begins to carry me away, I can throw an old game in and come back to reality.

'08 was a struggle. One thing I did like about it was that it was defense oriented. And when you play a game with "Wide Open Gameplay", that "defense" can begin to sounds appealing.....but fire up '08, and all the other issues come back to you.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #10
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
i disagree, 09 was not good but it was not the worst. 08 was just bad. 09 at least had a few redeeming qualities that made it worth playing IMO
There was no defense what so ever. No matter how I adjusted my sliders on Heisman, I could not find an actual challenge against the CPU. Why? Players took the worst angles possible. I can't tell you how many kicks I returned for touchdowns. The single only rating that mattered was speed. NOTHING ELSE.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyesFan21
There was no defense what so ever. No matter how I adjusted my sliders on Heisman, I could not find an actual challenge against the CPU. Why? Players took the worst angles possible. I can't tell you how many kicks I returned for touchdowns. The single only rating that mattered was speed. NOTHING ELSE.
your experience with 09 was different than my experience, obviously. The angles were terrible, but 09 was better than 08 in numerous areas...I found good sliders and got good results. The defense is not as bad as you make it out to be.
but again, your opinion differs much from mine on 09. i'm not saying 09 was great or even good. it was decent at best. but nonetheless I had fun playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I am finishing a season with Toledo on 08 right now and it seems like a chore to finish it. I have 09 and might go back to that.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

I loved 07, and I loved the progressive lighting that it had. I enjoyed 08 at the time, but with two installments released after it goes down as the worst version on next gen in my opinion.

I had alot of fun with 09, and 10 is by far the best, but I am somewhat bored of it already. It's a fun game, but I wish I knew why I am not really pumped up to play it.

I personally hope that NCAA 11 gets the type of overhaul that Madden 10 got this year, but that's just me. Hopefully I will be more geared up to play 10 again with the season starting tonight. However, after the madden broadcast camera drops I don't really see myself playing this game again. thanks.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #14
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
NCAA '10 is by far the best on next gen, in my opinion.

I agree, but like some of these guys have said, this game could be so much better. Can anyone answer this, and guys I am no computer whiz so maybe you can help. How hard would it be for EA to make NCAA and MADDEN exacly the same WITH THE EXCEPTION OF:

1playbooks
2presentation
3of course player ratings etc..
4 atmosphere difference

why cant the game be the same with the difference being the playbooks, teams, player ratings, presentation etc..?

same engine I guess I am asking, same game speed, same feel, same animations. But yet different from one another when it comes to presentation, players, player ratings.

In other words you are playing the same game, but yet when you play for example the NCAA game, you know you are playing college football. YOU CAN FEEL IT. But yet the engine is the same, the mechanics ids the same. why cant they do that?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #15
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
NCAA '10 is by far the best on next gen, in my opinion.
I agree. And... Thank you I was kind of getting tired of Slug or whoever that was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 02:08 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
I loved 07, and I loved the progressive lighting that it had. I enjoyed 08 at the time, but with two installments released after it goes down as the worst version on next gen in my opinion.

I had alot of fun with 09, and 10 is by far the best, but I am somewhat bored of it already. It's a fun game, but I wish I knew why I am not really pumped up to play it.

I personally hope that NCAA 11 gets the type of overhaul that Madden 10 got this year, but that's just me. Hopefully I will be more geared up to play 10 again with the season starting tonight. However, after the madden broadcast camera drops I don't really see myself playing this game again. thanks.
09 was actually pretty good. In fact I'm still playing a Dynasty with 09 using my Alumni rosters.

I think if I had released a roster file about 2-3 months after 09 was released a lot of guys would have really enjoyed it more because i basically went in and altered the game play considerably.

QB's were smarter, RB's had different styles and defenders chased down ball carriers much better. In fact there are actually quite a few guys that are still playing NCAA 09 to my surprise because when I checked the download count of the 09 rosters I have up there are a ton of people using them.

I think the rosters combined with the right mix of sliders makes 09 a very fun game to play. It lacks atmosphere but that's not something I had control over.......but if you get some nice stadium sounds 09 could carry you atleast one more year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »