Home

User picks?

This is a discussion on User picks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
User picks?

Is it me... or are user picks harder to come by this year? Maybe the timing is different or something, but unless it is a tipped pass Id say I user pick it maybe 20% of the time and Im talking about wide open no one around my defender type attempts... or when jumping a route. I hate it when my defender does that ugly catch animation and he just uppercuts the ball instead of grabbing it. I wouldnt mind as much if the animation actually looked like he was trying to catch it and he just dropped it...

Im talking against CPU...
user games, at least the ranked games Ive played seem to be INT fests.

Anyone else notice user picks arent the same as last year vs.CPU?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Quickshot's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: User picks?

I don't have that hard a time with user interceptions. Usually it is me controlling the MLB and covering the middle or a bomb that I user pick with no problem.

But it does seem a little less frequent then last year but most balls I go for I pick off.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

Oh yeah definitely noticed the amount of user picks has gone down. But that's a good thing because I would get picks like crazy last year.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshot
I don't have that hard a time with user interceptions. Usually it is me controlling the MLB and covering the middle or a bomb that I user pick with no problem.

But it does seem a little less frequent then last year but most balls I go for I pick off.
overthrown deep balls arent a problem for me either, neither are LB or even DL picks. I should have been more specific.

Im really talking about 10-25 yard pass plays where i switch to a CB or S. Im either jumping a route, or going for an off-target pass. Im seeing a lot more "drops" in those situations this year. I put quotes on Drops because the animation makes it looks like the defender just punches the ball away even though Im going for the catch.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quickshot's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
overthrown deep balls arent a problem for me either, neither are LB or even DL picks. I should have been more specific.

Im really talking about 10-25 yard pass plays where i switch to a CB or S. Im either jumping a route, or going for an off-target pass. Im seeing a lot more "drops" in those situations this year. I put quotes on Drops because the animation makes it looks like the defender just punches the ball away even though Im going for the catch.
Ok, yeah I know what you mean now. If I go for those I can usually get them but the CPU does drop about eight out of every ten interception chances they get in those situations but I don't go for them often. Could also depend on the team, if I play with a top team like Florida or Texas the defense is usually good enough to catch them for me when I go for them but a lesser team does drop more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

while i do get a lot of picks rarely are they user picks. Mostly when i control the DB i miss time the jump...horrible. but other wise i get a good share but they have gone down.

Is it just me or does the CPU throw more to the right than to the left and does your right CB have more picks?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
while i do get a lot of picks rarely are they user picks. Mostly when i control the DB i miss time the jump...horrible. but other wise i get a good share but they have gone down.

Is it just me or does the CPU throw more to the right than to the left and does your right CB have more picks?
happens to me a lot which is why i never control defense, i just let the CPU do it. plus then it relies more on the rating of the players than just the fact that i'm controlling a player and how well i can do with that player.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #8
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i went into practice mode with 2 controllers and just lobbed balls into the endzone. i went 0-20 for INTs go figure. all of them perfectly timed jump. the WR did break a couple of them up, but still there is something wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »