Home

Zone Read And Running Out of the Shotgun

This is a discussion on Zone Read And Running Out of the Shotgun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #17
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Zone Read And Running Out of the Shotgun

I work pretty good with QB Choice plays despite the incorrect blocking. I play it like a QB dive first with the handoff second. Works ok for me. Not great, but good.

i'm with the people that say they need to fix the blocking though, no arguing that, it just doesn't bother me like others in this forum.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Zone Read And Running Out of the Shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
I love the zone read and running the spread... (i played at wvu) but ncaa 10 makes it impossible. Even if you are facing a dime or quarters you cannot consistantly run the ball from shotgun this year. It's a shame... i could run from the shotgun all day last year against a dime (or anything else with 5 or even 6 in the box). Not this year... therefore i cannot stay turn to the spread

That being said the OL in this year's game DOES have double teams and they do peel off for LB's. Although it does need to be improved greatly.
Did you play under Rich Rod? I miss the quick fake hand-off screens to the uncovered slot WR in this game. Such an important component of his offense and EA doesn't have it in the game.

Zone Read etc. from the man himself:
http://smartfootball.com/grab-bag/ri...pread-run-game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »