Home

Pancakes might be fixed?

This is a discussion on Pancakes might be fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2003, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Pancakes might be fixed?

I see the Madden crew claims to have fixed the stat tracking for pancake blocks. Let's hope they shared their work with the NCAA crew. Also, other than pancakes, does anybody know in what ways OLs earn helmet stickers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2003, 08:32 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Pancakes might be fixed?

I noticed that in the Madden interview, too. Hopefully they won't pull the old 'Madden this year, NCAA next year' routine on us with it, though. It's frustrating never having your offensive linemen competing for awards because the game doesn't track pancakes properly.

Other than pancakes, I don't know what an offensive lineman would get a pride sticker for, except maybe for recovering a fumble.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:56 PM   #3
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

There's got to eb some other stuff b/c I've got some linemen with 8-9 stuckers, but only 3-4 pancakes and no fumble recs. I don't know that it's based off totakl rushing yardage either since someof my backups have more stickers than a few of my starters.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah i wish it counted them correctly...i might even make myself a off line man...
Old 05-28-2003, 03:00 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:

There's got to eb some other stuff b/c I've got some linemen with 8-9 stuckers, but only 3-4 pancakes and no fumble recs. I don't know that it's based off totakl rushing yardage either since someof my backups have more stickers than a few of my starters.

It could be that they don't seem to make any sense because of the game not tracking pancakes correctly. If they are fixed in NCAA 2004, I think it shouldn't be too hard to figure out exactly how the pride stickers are awarded for offensive linemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2003, 12:10 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Exactly how did EA fix pancakes? I never really found a real answer, other than "[Pancakes] have been fixed" from the Madden interview.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:57 PM   #7
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

It sounded to me as though they had fixed the stat tracking. I finally started to get more pancakes a few months ago when I started running a LOT of counter plays, but they usually seem to be with the OLs on the side away from where I run. I would've expected them from the pulling guard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »