Home

Questions to hopefully help me play better period.

This is a discussion on Questions to hopefully help me play better period. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Questions to hopefully help me play better period.

Can someone explain slide protection to me?

How does one pass better playing with default sliders? Most dynasties I am in use default sliders, and no matter which team I am I can't throw. This may also be related to slide protection because I also get sacked alot to go with the ints.

I don't know anything about playing defense what is the first thing I should work on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Questions to hopefully help me play better period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
Can someone explain slide protection to me?

How does one pass better playing with default sliders? Most dynasties I am in use default sliders, and no matter which team I am I can't throw. This may also be related to slide protection because I also get sacked alot to go with the ints.

I don't know anything about playing defense what is the first thing I should work on?
Slide Protection - Haven't used it yet, someone else will have to answer.

Passing game - Make sure you set your QBs feet and spend a bit of time in practice mode understanding when to throw certain routes. Throwing right when a guy breaks for a post or dig route is much more effective than waiting. One thing I like to do is to watch the linebackers as soon as I snap the ball. Based on if they go forward, back, or sideways I can usually guess whether it's a blitz, man, or zone coverage, and I always have a quick safety-valve route to go to if it's a blitz.

Defense - In my opinion, the most important thing is getting a pass rush. If you can stop the run somewhat and bring the heat consistently, your defense will be average to above average, at least.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 28

Slide protection is used to have your line slide block to a specific side. If you are running to the left and the defense is stacked to that side, you can have your line slide block to that side. OR, if you are in a passing situation and you see the defense stacked to one side, you can slide block to that side. Basically changes the blocking scheme from the default for the selected play....

Aggressive slide block (pushing up on right stick) drives straight ahead...It is a feature I use often and works well....
Old 09-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Slide protection is claimed by EA to NOT have any effect on running the ball, but some will argue till their blue in the face about it.

Left and Right is used mostly for passing situations were either an overload to one side is expected or the QB is planning on running out of the pocket (you slide to the direction of the run). Be careful as it leaves you extremely vulnerable the opposite side of the slide. I wish in the future EA can incorporate a 4/3 man slide.

Aggressive slide protection is used when the defense is trying to spread the offensive line out (ie both ends outside of the tackles). Pinch is the exact opposite: where the defensive line is looking to double up the guards and centers.

Hope that helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »