Home

100% guarantee to make football more realistic...

This is a discussion on 100% guarantee to make football more realistic... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: 100% guarantee to make football more realistic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvvCat
I remember putting this idea out on the old MM site in about 2001 or so and not many people liked it. I think maybe both NCAA and Madden are seen as being closer to sims now and more people might go for it.

The thing I've always wanted with this is attributes for coaches, preferably assistants but at least head coaches, that give them strengths and weaknesses in scouting players. An offensive coordinator who is strong with QBs and WRs might get their ratings very close to what they really are, but if he's weak with RBs he'd scout them somewhat incorrectly. One coach might see, say, Juice Williams with THP 89 and THA 87, while another might see him as 90/91, depending on each coach's QB scouting skill set. You'd have to decide how right or wrong the ratings your coaches report might be.

Ideally, player ratings would even fluctuate based on coaches' abilities, kind of like they did in some previous Maddens. For example, Mike Leach should get more out of pocket QBs than Rich Rodriguez.

Even if we can't get real coaches' names, give them fake names, and put a pool out there that can be hired to get the qualities you want for your staff, based on your style of play.
Sort of got all of this in Head Coach, where your coaches affect your players overall ratings.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I wouldnt be upset if they got rid of the overall rating. But individual ratings are a must.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I wouldnt be upset if they got rid of the overall rating. But individual ratings are a must.
if they got rid of the overall rating, there wouldn't be anything for the "progression is broken" people to complain about.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if they got rid of the overall rating, there wouldn't be anything for the "progression is broken" people to complain about.
Yeah that was my point!lol

I dont like it being capped at 99 anyways so just can it!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

This is a cool idea. I'd be behind it.

Maybe you just have the 40 times, bench reps, Scouting Reports to base your decisions on and you have to have spring practice and games and scrimmages to determine starters.

Im also in firm agreement coaches HAVE to matter more. Also this could play hand in hand. Some coaching staffs might evaluate a recruit as a 2* while others may see the same player as a 5* and it could work out or not for them. Bust or gem.

I think the game is too reliant upon speed rating and overall ratings. It's jsut a measuring stick that doesnt really apply.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #14
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
This is a cool idea. I'd be behind it.

Maybe you just have the 40 times, bench reps, Scouting Reports to base your decisions on and you have to have spring practice and games and scrimmages to determine starters.

Im also in firm agreement coaches HAVE to matter more. Also this could play hand in hand. Some coaching staffs might evaluate a recruit as a 2* while others may see the same player as a 5* and it could work out or not for them. Bust or gem.

I think the game is too reliant upon speed rating and overall ratings. It's jsut a measuring stick that doesnt really apply.
I dont have a problem with numbers to simplify 40 times and bench reps and cone drills etc.. But I think the overall is the problem.

Without a doubt coaches need to become a bigger deal. This is college football head coaches make or break programs more so than the other two levels of football.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-08-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 38

I never thought about getting rid of overall ratings...That is a damn good idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 24

I have already mentioned this idea in the past, but to add to it, I would say all the ratings are hidden. The only thing we should be able to see is things like hgt, wgt, star rating, 40 time, etc. Then have practice and a spring game. You can be the judge of how they are on the field. It makes practices and spring game mean something. Also you would have to hire a coaching staff to help aid you on evaluating your talent. That would make the game so much more interesting and fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »