Home

Rain + Rival = Lose game in final moments? LOL.....:) The Abnomalies of wins/losses

This is a discussion on Rain + Rival = Lose game in final moments? LOL.....:) The Abnomalies of wins/losses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Rain + Rival = Lose game in final moments? LOL.....:) The Abnomalies of wins/losses

This isn't a gripe thread, so please, lets not turn it into one. I'm simply making this thread to discuss games that people have won/loss given various variables. As the title states, in my dynasty (Louisville) I have played 2 games in the rain, both versus a rival school, and in both games I lost in the closing moments.

In the first game, I was playing against arch rival UK. The rain was coming down and the wind was howling. Not going into much detail, I led the game 3-0 in the final minutes, when I turned the ball over and UK got the ball inside my 5 yard line. After a big goal-line stand, they kicked the game tying field goal, that ultimately sent us into overtime. UK scored on their possession of OT, and my chance to answer was lost when Pascley slipped and fell cutting during his route, that allowed the defender to get the jump on the ball for the interception. UK wins 10-3 in overtime.

The 2nd game was versus an old rival in Southern Miss. The rain again was coming down, although the wind was much calmer. Again, I led the game in the final minutes, but Southern Miss put together a drive that started at their own 6 yard line and scored the go-ahead TD with 27secs to play. On the ensuing kickoff, Ashley took the ball to mid-field and we were given 15 extra yards thanks to a Southern Miss facemask. So on, Southern Miss' 34 yard line, with 11 secs to play I fired a pass to Chichester who was open but the ball went through his hands and out of the endzone, thus securing Southern Miss' win 27-21.

Apparently, we can't win games vs rivals in the rain. Heck, we may not be able to win games in the rain period or versus rivals.

So, any abnomalies in your wins/losses that you care to share?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »