Home

HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

This is a discussion on HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
It didn't take long before coming bored with this year's NCAA Football game. I skipped last year's game as I wanted to see more progress from year to year in their games before spending another $60.

It is so difficult to explain how this happens when I love NCAA Football ( Real Life) as a whole.

EA's football has grown seriously stale over the years. This year's version feels no different than previous year's editions.

Commentary needs to be completely overhauled. Animations need to be completely overhauled. NCAA Football used to be known for their atmosphere but how many years in a row can one listen to the same commentary over and over??? Sure the gameplay improves but then the next gimmick replaces another great feature and then it becomes one step forward and two steps back.

I'm not looking to bash the game but how many more years can EA put out the same product before gamers say enough is enough? I think I am finally at that point.

this is the best the game has played and looked in years. Your post is just pointless internet fodder trying to start a debate.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

This year's game is the most fun I've had with NCAA since NCAA 04. Is it perfect? No. But I'm having fun with it, and I think the series is headed in the right direction.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
It didn't take long before coming bored with this year's NCAA Football game. I skipped last year's game as I wanted to see more progress from year to year in their games before spending another $60.

It is so difficult to explain how this happens when I love NCAA Football ( Real Life) as a whole.

EA's football has grown seriously stale over the years. This year's version feels no different than previous year's editions.

Commentary needs to be completely overhauled. Animations need to be completely overhauled. NCAA Football used to be known for their atmosphere but how many years in a row can one listen to the same commentary over and over??? Sure the gameplay improves but then the next gimmick replaces another great feature and then it becomes one step forward and two steps back.

I'm not looking to bash the game but how many more years can EA put out the same product before gamers say enough is enough? I think I am finally at that point.
The commentary and atmosphere needs a new life but the game itself hasn't run it's course unless your the type of guy that freaks out if the 3rd or 4th CB for Wyoming is wearing the wrong gear or has a 82 overall rating and considers that a GAME KILLER (lol)

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The commentary and atmosphere needs a new life but the game itself hasn't run it's course unless your the type of guy that freaks out if the 3rd or 4th CB for Wyoming is wearing the wrong gear or has a 82 overall rating and considers that a GAME KILLER (lol)
No gameplay is top notch. The gimmicks need to be tossed out. Commentary is my biggest problem. Just tired of hearing it and by turning it off doesn't help either as I prefer play by play. No game killers but is getting boring cause the atmosphere and presentation is just so far behind.

For anyone who says just don't buy it obviously does not get what I am saying so please just ignore this thread and move on. I buy college football games to enjoy during the college football season.

I think the thread title should read more like:

Has NCAA Football's presentation finally run it's course?

I love the gameplay but their presentation is so old now that I know I cannot stomach another year of it.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #13
stewaat

OVR:

I think everyone here would love advanced commentary.

I'm anxious to see how NBA2K10 sounds when they put in their NBA Today feature that ties in with Association.

They need to do something revolutionary to offline dynasty IMHO...we need the immersion factor.

The extra point show transferred to NCAA with a much deeper tone would be awesome. Talk about the BCS race, conference title races, the Heisman, big upsets...it would be awesome!

Oh and give us the in-game score ticker back!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #14
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I think everyone here would love advanced commentary.

I'm anxious to see how NBA2K10 sounds when they put in their NBA Today feature that ties in with Association.

They need to do something revolutionary to offline dynasty IMHO...we need the immersion factor.

The extra point show transferred to NCAA with a much deeper tone would be awesome. Talk about the BCS race, conference title races, the Heisman, big upsets...it would be awesome!

Oh and give us the in-game score ticker back!!!
You are right on the money! I miss the in-game ticker for other games in my franchise. I would like to see how other teams in my conference are doing during the game instead of having to finish my game and sim their score. Where is the suspense of watching them blow a game in the 4th or make a comeback. Why not take us to watch the final minute of some of the games around the league back in the days on the Sega Genesis! That was probably one of the best things I have ever seen in a video game. It would happen during the halftime and at the end of the game so you can see game changing moments. Seeing another team get stopped on the goal line for when they needed to score and win, ect.

I can't wait to see how the commentary is implemented into NBA 2k10 this year. That alone has me excited and EA really needs to start pushing new boundaries instead of another gimmick that really doesn't add much to their game.

How about working weather that changes during the game. How about clouds moving across the field *cough* NFL 2k5. How about NEW COMPLETE COMMENTARY! How about players getting dirty in the mud and the field degrading. How about in-game saves for us with busy lives. How about players slipping during the rain or snow. How about players moving slower in the snow. How about players dropping and fumbling more in the rain and snow. How about giving us something different for each game instead of the same stadium rotation before the coin-toss. How about actual stadium sounds and music for each stadium instead of some crappy music that I don't listen to in the menu system. PRESENTATION ADDS REPLAY VALUE.......insert MLB The Show or NFL 2k5 and maybe NBA 2k10 for example.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

There's no doubt that presentation is by far the weakest asset of this game. Lifeless crowds, wash/rinse/repeat commentary, not enough overlays, lifeless sidelines, no shots of coaches, etc..etc..

But with that said, this game brings me the same enjoyment and fun factor that I got out of NCAA '04 and '07(last gen). Yes, some things need to be worked on, but the flaws this game has doesn't detract me from enjoying it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
These threads have grown just as stale over the years. It's been said a million times, if you don't like the game, don't buy it. I did it for years and didn't need my "fix." I'm a college football fan first and a college football video game fan a very distant second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
There's no doubt that presentation is by far the weakest asset of this game. Lifeless crowds, wash/rinse/repeat commentary, not enough overlays, lifeless sidelines, no shots of coaches, etc..etc..

But with that said, this game brings me the same enjoyment and fun factor that I got out of NCAA '04 and '07(last gen). Yes, some things need to be worked on, but the flaws this game has doesn't detract me from enjoying it.
C/S

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »