Home

HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

This is a discussion on HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

Has the NCAA Franchise run it's course? Not yet, but it is getting close. One of the problems with this franchise is each year it is one step forward and two steps back. They improve/add something in the game, usually something not related to the action on the field, then turn around and break something that worked well the year before in the process.

Then take into account that year after year the devs ignore improvements and additions that would enhance the overall quality and replay value of the game. I am not talking about the unlimited wishlists posted on these boards, I am talking about the "no brainer stuff" - stuff that SHOULD be in any college football game.

**I'll let everyone fill in the blanks on what SHOULD be in a college football game because I really don't want to debate the issue.**

The fact is the next-gen versions of this franchise have not lived up to their hype. Judging the next-gen NCAA Games as just video games, taking out the football theme, the quality isn't that great. We have yet to see a game released where eveything functioned as it was programmed to right out of the box. Then factor in the football aspect/theme of the game and the quality of the games actually drop a point or two.

I understand this franchise is first and foremost a video game and a game about college football second. I have no problem with that aspect of this franchise or any other sports game that falls into this genre. But the quality of this franchise is lagging so far behind when compared to other franchises, the time will come when releasing two patches and "see you next year" won't cut it.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #50
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

HATE to ruin it for you guys but we all know in 11 we are getting PRO TAK.... LOL

i love ncaa 10 for what it is ....

the only thing i know for certain about 11 is that it is a definate rental

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #51
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3

I consider myself a huge fan of the NCAA franchise ever since 1994 with
Bill Walsh college football. I loved last years but this year was not so great.
I love the game play of this years Madden and most of all the pace of the
game. So I actually traded NCAA 10 for NHL 10 and NFS Shift. Next year will
hopefully be a better year.

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #52
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
HATE to ruin it for you guys but we all know in 11 we are getting PRO TAK.... LOL

i love ncaa 10 for what it is ....

the only thing i know for certain about 11 is that it is a definate rental
while that is somewhat likely, you never know. maybe by some miracle they will make a game that plays well and has good atmosphere and presentation.
I mean, as far as gameplay is concerned, this year was a step in the right direction.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #53
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

nope NCAA hasnt run its course, Madden has. It gets boring very fast especially because its the same players every year whereas NCAA you get new kids each year. NCAA is still fun. If its run its course for you then that sucks for you, looks like you wont be buying a NCAA game then. But many of us enjoy it even with its flaws.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #54
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
nope NCAA hasnt run its course, Madden has. It gets boring very fast especially because its the same players every year whereas NCAA you get new kids each year. NCAA is still fun. If its run its course for you then that sucks for you, looks like you wont be buying a NCAA game then. But many of us enjoy it even with its flaws.
Yeah, I came back from Madden and I think I'm enjoying NCAA more than I did when I got it, with good sliders and the rerated rosters.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #55
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Yeah, I came back from Madden and I think I'm enjoying NCAA more than I did when I got it, with good sliders and the rerated rosters.
i tried playing Madden again last night and before you could blink your eyes i was up 21-3 with the Steelers over the Titans. I was up 14-0, Titans got a FG then i ran back the kickoff (on All-Madden with sliders). Had i played the 2nd quarter or even the rest of the game i would have put up at least 50. I was bored so i turned it off. I'm tweaking the ratings of my teambuilder teams this week, then starting Saturday i'm getting into my dynasty.

Once NBA 2k10 comes out it'll just be NCAA & NBA 2k so Madden will once again collect dust like its done the last 3 years. I always fall for their stupid trap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #56
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I am hoping that the bands on the field is the prelude to team entrances!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »