Home

HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

This is a discussion on HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #57
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: HAS NCAA FOOTBALL FINALLY RUN IT'S COURSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I am hoping that the bands on the field is the prelude to team entrances!
yeah because at this point the bands are just lame. In fact this game would be better without the band formations, especially since more than half of the schools in the game have generic ones, it gets old fast.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Where I live, NCAA sales are through the roof compared to Madden, but that's mainly because college football is THE sport primarily and we don't have an NFL football team here.

As a huge college football fanatic, I buy NCAA every year. I've pre ordered it every year since NCAA '04 was released and the network adapter was invented. After all these years, I've come to the conclusion that NCAA's gameplay has always suited my needs a lot better. I will admit, I play a lot more Madden this year then I have NCAA, but in the recent week or two I've been playing a good bit of NCAA.

I think that those wishing for NCAA to emulate Madden's gameplay and gameplay speed are asking for something that they would regret if it had come true. If NCAA emulated Madden's game play then you would have two games that are virtually the same.

This year's gameplay is a step up from last years, in my humble opinion, but it seems to be missing something that I can't quite put my finger on.

College and Pro football are played different.

I do think that NCAA did a piss-poor job with the game atmosphere, especially the job they did with the students shouting (sounds like its coming from an ncaa basketball arena), but the Dev's owned up to that and they have owned up to most every other poor doing that we have all pointed out.

I think and hope they may have seen the light, especially from all of the feedback that flows through these forums on a daily basis. They certainly have a lot to look over and they should take advantage of it...

To sum up how I feel about this thread and some of the questions proposed..

For those who have said that you should not buy the game and save your opinions for yourself...If someone pays $60.00 for a game, they have every right to criticize and question the producers of the game.

For those like me, who are die-hard college football fans and will continue to purchase this game annually, more than likely, maybe one day we'll get the game we're lookin' for!

My personal favorite NCAA game is NCAA '05. I miss those days!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #59
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

NCAA 10 while a good game, was doomed from the start. It stumbled out of the gate with the wrong rosters. The "fix" was not much better. The ratings are all buggy so everything is kind of a crapshoot. NCAA 09 had disappearing teams and 10 had all kinds of issues. The sliders were broken for the second straight year. That's not good. The Madden upgrade videos were released and that compounded the frustration of NCAA. Overall the game didnt work as it was intended to for whatever reason. These issues were never really explained away. Because of that, the masses walked away in droves.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #60
Strategy

OVR: 36

It can use a nice revamping. It use to be my favorite game. Hope that it reclaims it's luster, soon.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #61
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Ok whats the difference between college and pros on-field?

Playcalling
Speed
Less fundamentals
Dual QB's

Why shouldnt both games play more alike?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #62
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Ok whats the difference between college and pros on-field?

Playcalling
Speed
Less fundamentals
Dual QB's

Why shouldnt both games play more alike?
Talent level

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #63
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

it has some way to go with madden 10 and part of 11 upgrade i think the game will be alot better . they just have to learn from the mistakes made in the last two. i think mascot games should only be on Wii and add an athletic director mode. i think ncaa has more gameplay and animation issues more than anything. presentation will get better , but the game is definately separated by the game play and animations lack of effectiveness.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 37

After reading the pasta padre blurb about NCAA sales and how the game has dissappeared from the top 20 game sales along with all of the law suits and the general apathy towards this title, I fear that NCAA may be on its way out A mediocre game combined with plummeting sales is not a good combo. How many resources will be put into NCAA 11 if the sales continue to decline?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »