Home

The Polls have got to go!

This is a discussion on The Polls have got to go! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Polls have got to go!

In my eight or nine years in dynasty so far, I have never seen any of this non-BCS crap people keep complaining about. Boise St has been high in the BCS but thats because they are a good team. SMU and WKU never have a good year. Houston did go 10-3 and were top 25, but I dont see none of this other stuff. I think it is highly exaggerated.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
Rookie

alcoholicstepfather's Arena

OVR: 3

I played a RTG as a QB that went to Florida. We went undefeated and were left out of the NC game. Now I understand that if there are 3 undefeated teams, then 1 will be left out, but Florida was ranked #1 until about week 10 or so. Oklahoma and Penn State also went undefeated and played for the NC. I've never seen a team from a BCS conference go undefeated and get left out of the NC. The only thing I can figure is because Florida plays a FCS team in the first game of the season.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21
Exclamation Re: The Polls have got to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mac
In my eight or nine years in dynasty so far, I have never seen any of this non-BCS crap people keep complaining about. Boise St has been high in the BCS but thats because they are a good team. SMU and WKU never have a good year. Houston did go 10-3 and were top 25, but I dont see none of this other stuff. I think it is highly exaggerated.
no dude trust me, these people aren't lying. i had central michigan??(maybe, the chippewas, levafour, or whatever) they went to the nat. championship in 2009(this year), and i was pitt, one loss, and so many 2 loss BCS teams, and a few 1 loss non-BCS teams, actually were ranked ahead of me, and i had a tough schedule, only lost to neb, ranked, and no cupcakes on the schedule.
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal093
no dude trust me, these people aren't lying. i had central michigan??(maybe, the chippewas, levafour, or whatever) they went to the nat. championship in 2009(this year), and i was pitt, one loss, and so many 2 loss BCS teams, and a few 1 loss non-BCS teams, actually were ranked ahead of me, and i had a tough schedule, only lost to neb, ranked, and no cupcakes on the schedule.
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type=text/javascript>******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type=text/javascript>
If you played with Pitt then half of your Big East conference schedule was a cupcake schedule.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
Rookie

Lee.Flex's Arena

OVR: 15

Solution.... give us the option to wipe out the BCS poll in game and have a playoff system.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee.Flex
Solution.... give us the option to wipe out the BCS poll in game and have a playoff system.
Sure do miss having the playoff option available...

In the interim, as the polls IRL suck hard anyway, so the in-game ones seem pretty reasonable by comparison.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
stewaat

OVR:

I'm in year 4 and haven't seen anything too strange...

3-loss Georgia beat out several 1-loss schools to play in the National Title in Year 3.

The Heisman has sucked though...3 QBs from non-BCS schools. LeFevour and Kellen Moore twice.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #16
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I am not so sure this is that unrealistic considering how Bull the BCS format is anyway. Not a fan of theirs obviously by my avatar, but does anyone remember the year Kansas State finished #3 in the BCS poll, yet didn't get an invite to a BCS bowl. How does that happen?

To me the BCS should have always pitted the top 8 teams (at the very least) against each other. Sure you would still have people arguing over who should be in those 8 spots, but it is better than what they do now and anything short of a playoff is a joke as far as naming a champion anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »