Home

The Polls have got to go!

This is a discussion on The Polls have got to go! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #17
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Polls have got to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I'm in year 4 and haven't seen anything too strange...

3-loss Georgia beat out several 1-loss schools to play in the National Title in Year 3.

The Heisman has sucked though...3 QBs from non-BCS schools. LeFevour and Kellen Moore twice.
I'd rather it go to them than Nick Sheridan like it did on last year's game.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 09-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #18
six
Banned

OVR: 6

I'm in my 7th year.

National Title

1st year- SEC vs. Big Ten
2nd year- SEC vs. Big Ten
3rd year- SEC vs. Big Ten
4th year SEC vs. ACC
5th year SEC vs. Big Ten
6th year- Big East vs. Notre Dame
7th year- Pac 10 vs. ? probably SEC, but I still gotta play the SEC championship...if I lose then Boise would get in I'd say since they are 12-0 but I ain't losing lol.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #19
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mac
In my eight or nine years in dynasty so far, I have never seen any of this non-BCS crap people keep complaining about. Boise St has been high in the BCS but thats because they are a good team. SMU and WKU never have a good year. Houston did go 10-3 and were top 25, but I dont see none of this other stuff. I think it is highly exaggerated.
Why would I lie about something that happened in a video game. I'm not some punk kid. It happened and has happened before in other years of the game. The problem is this:
1) Most of the people working at EA went to schools like San Jose St. so they give love to the small schools. And they don't know much about football.
2) When Utah and Bosie made and won a BCS game they think this should happen every year.
3) Transfers leave big schools to play at smaller school way to much in this game. That is why I had a SMU vs. WKU NC. SMU had 8 guys from the Texas schools and WKU had 10 guys with a ovr of 85+. They were all seniors so that ended there run but damage done.
4) Last thing is EA puts more value on record then who you beat. I have beat ranked teams and they would not drop 3 places.

So it can and does happen but it seems to be random. You maybe one of the lucky ones to not have seen this but if you play enough you will see teams get snuffed
Old 09-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoholicstepfather
I played a RTG as a QB that went to Florida. We went undefeated and were left out of the NC game. Now I understand that if there are 3 undefeated teams, then 1 will be left out, but Florida was ranked #1 until about week 10 or so. Oklahoma and Penn State also went undefeated and played for the NC. I've never seen a team from a BCS conference go undefeated and get left out of the NC. The only thing I can figure is because Florida plays a FCS team in the first game of the season.
That just happened a couple years ago in RL to LSU. Undefeated and left out.

Boise St went undefeated and got left out. Utah last year.

Undefeated teams always get left out. (Granted, LSU was the only BCS example in that three)
Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
So it can and does happen but it seems to be random. You maybe one of the lucky ones to not have seen this but if you play enough you will see teams get snuffed
I think you've got it backwards. You are one of the unlucky ones and we have the normal outcomes.

My first 3 years were:
Big XII vs SEC
Notre Dame vs ACC
Big XII vs SEC

Year 4 projection after 10 weeks:
Big Ten vs Big XII

Finally my Heisman race is BCS teams:
Auburn WR
Ohio State QB
Mizzou QB
Texas QB
Notre Dame WR

Sucks that HBs are never Heisman contenders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #22
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoholicstepfather
I played a RTG as a QB that went to Florida. We went undefeated and were left out of the NC game. Now I understand that if there are 3 undefeated teams, then 1 will be left out, but Florida was ranked #1 until about week 10 or so. Oklahoma and Penn State also went undefeated and played for the NC. I've never seen a team from a BCS conference go undefeated and get left out of the NC. The only thing I can figure is because Florida plays a FCS team in the first game of the season.
Auburn got shafted in the 04-05 season (the year they went 13-0) the same way. That was the year USC slaughtered OU. We got a "share" of the title, but a "share" of that crystal ball isn't in out galleria. I feel that if 2 undefeated schools win their respective conference championship, the team that doesn't have a final game to prove they belong in the NC should move out of the NC game.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, USC was #1 all year, but they only played 3 top 25 teams. Bullcrap...

Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

The polls and bowl selection could use some work. My first year with Nebraska, I go 9-2 (lost to Virginia Tech by 1 and Oklahoma by 7 in OT). I win the Big 12 North and am ranked 6th in the polls. I upset Oklahoma in the Big 12 championsip game and jump to number 2 and will play Penn State for the national championship. That seems unlikely considering Virginia Tech and Florida (among others) lost only 1 game.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #24
Rookie

Lee.Flex's Arena

OVR: 15

The funny thing is..... If a team like OSU doesn't lose another game, they will get a better BCS ranking than an un-defeated team like Boise State. They will also have a better ranking than any team that went un-defeated and started the season outside the top 25. BCS has always been a huge popularity contest. That's why it needs to go. Football's not about popularity, its about W's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »