Home

coming back from Madden

This is a discussion on coming back from Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #9
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: coming back from Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I cant understand for the life of me why the two engines are so different. It seems like a waste to invest time and effort into two different styles of play when its all football at the end of the day. If both teams worked on the same engine and then just tailored it to there levels. I think we would see way more improvements and equally as important less glicthes in a yearly cycle if they did this.
agreed combine your efforts and everyone wins

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I cant understand for the life of me why the two engines are so different. It seems like a waste to invest time and effort into two different styles of play when its all football at the end of the day. If both teams worked on the same engine and then just tailored it to their levels. I think we would see way more improvements and equally as important less glicthes in a yearly cycle if they did this.
agreed. Use the same engine, but then add the touches to each game that give them their own identity, so you feel like you're playing a college game that is much different than pro. Yet at the same time there isn't this big gap in how well each game plays.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

blah blah blah... go back to Madden then. I played 20 hrs of madden and I am back to NCAA and haven't played Madden in 3 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
Rookie

UW Dawg Fan's Arena

OVR: 1

Whats funny is you go to the Madden boards and there is thread after thread listing all the things wrong with Madden, and how much people hate it. Then top it off with EA announcing how dissapointed they were in the sales of Madden this year and i will stick with NCAA!!

I was tempted to try it out, until i read all the things wrong with the game, TBH it sounds 10x worse than NCAA's problems.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...ccitiello.html

Last edited by UW Dawg Fan; 09-13-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #13
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Dawg Fan
Whats funny is you go to the Madden boards and there is thread after thread listing all the things wrong with Madden, and how much people hate it. Then top it off with EA announcing how dissapointed they were in the sales of Madden this year and i will stick with NCAA!!

I was tempted to try it out, until i read all the things wrong with the game, TBH it sounds 10x worse than NCAA's problems.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...ccitiello.html
You should try it if you are having insomnia and need to find a way to fall asleep at night.

Madden 10 is the most boring football game I have every played and it literally put me to sleep.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #14
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree i have problems going back and forth...when i play one it takes a while to readjust to the other...both are good to me.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmont77
blah blah blah... go back to Madden then. I played 20 hrs of madden and I am back to NCAA and haven't played Madden in 3 weeks.
i'm the same, i played Madden for maybe a week, became really bored with it so i went back to NCAA. I hate Madden's playcalling screen, cant tell you how many times i picked the wrong play by accident plus i like having 4 options at once so you can get through the plays quicker. Madden is not fun, its a snoozefest. NCAA is at least exciting and fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
You should try it if you are having insomnia and need to find a way to fall asleep at night.

Madden 10 is the most boring football game I have every played and it literally put me to sleep.
i agree 1000%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i actually prefer the playcalling screen on NCAA. you get that 4th option, and it's extremely easy to hide your playcall when you are playing head to head.

i don't know why, just seems more fluid to me.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »