Home

Is This Game Worth It?

This is a discussion on Is This Game Worth It? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Is This Game Worth It?

There really are no need for threads like this. There are more than enough threads with enough info and/or opinions from both sides. Do some homework. And even then nobody here knows you enough to answer your question. Not trying to be disrespectful but I just dont see the point of asking a bunch of strangers "Is something worth spending your money on".

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
There really are no need for threads like this. There are more than enough threads with enough info and/or opinions from both sides. Do some homework. And even then nobody here knows you enough to answer your question. Not trying to be disrespectful but I just dont see the point of asking a bunch of strangers "Is something worth spending your money on".
Essentially its the same as Consumer Reports, you are going off the opinions of a bunch of strangers. Do you think there is no point to Consumer Reports as well? If you don't like whats going on, don't post in his thread. But I digress, I would rent first and buy used if I were you. I am a huge college football fan so this game augments that for me. When a real life game is not on I usually play NCAA10 for a few hours just to hold me over until Thursday nights game.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Essentially its the same as Consumer Reports, you are going off the opinions of a bunch of strangers. Do you think there is no point to Consumer Reports as well? If you don't like whats going on, don't post in his thread. But I digress, I would rent first and buy used if I were you. I am a huge college football fan so this game augments that for me. When a real life game is not on I usually play NCAA10 for a few hours just to hold me over until Thursday nights game.
I said there is more then enough threads where people have giving there good info and opinions. There are a hand full of threads just like this one asking is this game worth it. Just take the time to read. And just like in those threads everybody says rent it to be safe which is the right answer.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

I loved the heck out of 09 but 10 was terrible. No changes really made. Then I played Madden, and it was about 5 years more advanced. So, I give up on the College Football series until I see they fix all the things they should. I will check back for like 2012.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #13
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I said there is more then enough threads where people have giving there good info and opinions. There are a hand full of threads just like this one asking is this game worth it. Just take the time to read. And just like in those threads everybody says rent it to be safe which is the right answer.
Actually, I appreciate the feedback others have given. The real question is if you feel there is no need for threads like this then why are you wasting time here? Excuse me if I don't want to waste time reading post patch impressions or searching the whole NCAA forum. I have done my research which is why I didn't buy the game new. Feel free to troll another thread now.
As for those who have given honest feedback, I'm an offline player. Does progression ruin dynasty if I use custom rosters? Obviously this is an opinion question.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #14
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Actually, I appreciate the feedback others have given. The real question is if you feel there is no need for threads like this then why are you wasting time here? Excuse me if I don't want to waste time reading post patch impressions or searching the whole NCAA forum. I have done my research which is why I didn't buy the game new. Feel free to troll another thread now.
As for those who have given honest feedback, I'm an offline player. Does progression ruin dynasty if I use custom rosters? Obviously this is an opinion question.
I apologize I had no intent to be a jerk but there is a search forum option. So you dont have to go throw a bunch of threads that dont give you the answer your looking for.

But carry on man more power to you!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #15
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I apologize I had no intent to be a jerk but there is a search forum option. So you dont have to go throw a bunch of threads that dont give you the answer your looking for.

But carry on man more power to you!
Nothing personal, sorry if I seemed "snappy." Just wanted a more current perspective, although your opinion may be that nothing's changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

It depends on who you ask. This game has some major issues, some of the issues annoy many, while others don't mind. Some feel certain issues are game breakers, while others can deal with them. Me personally, I just don't think the overall quality of the game is up to par this year. Take that opinon as you wish. Your best bet is to rent the game, download both patches and the roster, start a dynasty or whatever your flavor is, and see what you think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »