Home

Gamespeed too fast

This is a discussion on Gamespeed too fast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Gamespeed too fast

I think a lot of the developers play as a DL when they play defense and don't care about those that play as a LB or S. Manually playing pass defense isn't a problem when all you do is rush the passer as a DL and hit the switch button to make the tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think a lot of the developers play as a DL when they play defense and don't care about those that play as a LB or S. Manually playing pass defense isn't a problem when all you do is rush the passer as a DL and hit the switch button to make the tackle.
Perhaps...playing D-Line isn't as fun though...
Old 09-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Perhaps...playing D-Line isn't as fun though...
I agree. I just play as a DL a handful of times a game and that's only in really obvious passing situations.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #28
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

If they add the option to change the game speed I am all for it, but if they make the default game speed like Madden, I will go completely insane and it will ruin online for me 100%.

Maddens default game speed puts me to sleep and is way to slow and boring. Football is a fast game, not a slow game.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

Yes the game speed is a little too fast for my taste. A lot of the detail normally seen during a play is missed, I usually have to go back and view the replay to see what actually happened. The game speed also seems to have an effect on the graphics. On PS3, the in-game graphics are very choppy, with a lot of hesitation, especially when the camera tries to transition from side-to-side or downfield.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #30
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Good post ftball 11, couldn't agree more.

Here's a thought that I haven't seen anywhere:

NCAA 09 was my first NCAA ever after being a long time Madden player (started playing it because Madden 09 was bad). I played it in awe of the slow game speed thinking, "this is awesome, and more like the ps2 game speed". Furthermore, the game speed made sense because everyone says the NFL is a much more faster game than college. I loved seeing an unranked college team's bad TE slowly running his route lol. Made a real difference between the good teams and the bad. So last year it made some sense. Madden was fast like the NFL (too fast really) and NCAA was slow like college. Now we have Madden being slow (which I am a fan of by the way), and NCAA in hyper speed. Am I missing something? College faster than the pros? Seems off to me, am I the only one thinking this? I would personally like to see NCAA move to "very slow" and Madden stay at "slow", but that's just me. I know there are some people that like normal out there for Madden.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #31
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
If they add the option to change the game speed I am all for it, but if they make the default game speed like Madden, I will go completely insane and it will ruin online for me 100%.

Maddens default game speed puts me to sleep and is way to slow and boring. Football is a fast game, not a slow game.
The problem with this is Madden and NCAA arent football their football video games. Their attempting to replicate football and IMO it better done slower then super fast.

In NCAA I run over to where the ball is going and before I can attempt to knock the ball down its a catch. A simple play any safety can make IRL I cant on a videogame because the ball and the players move way to fast to adjust.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The problem with this is Madden and NCAA arent football their football video games. Their attempting to replicate football and IMO it better done slower then super fast.

In NCAA I run over to where the ball is going and before I can attempt to knock the ball down its a catch. A simple play any safety can make IRL I cant on a videogame because the ball and the players move way to fast to adjust.
The trajectory of the passes and throwing animations this year just outright sucks. It has to be the worse passing animation, ball physics I have ever seen in a video game. Each pass follows a straight line like a missile. No height, no arch, no tight spirals – just a beeline to the receiver. Not only that the passes, at least on PS3, only loosely rotate three or four times during flight on long passes and twice on short passes. What the dev team was thinking on this one I have no idea. This must have been one of the areas they broke while adding/improving something else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »