Home

Timing Routes

This is a discussion on Timing Routes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Timing Routes

One area that the game could improve is timing routes in the passing game. In real life when a receiver is supposed to run a comeback route or a deep out, the QB often throws the ball before the break. In NCAA, if you throw the ball too soon, the WR just keeps on running down the field. Sometimes it can be a good thing to just throw it out to the WR if they blitz but other times you don't want this.

It would be nice if they added a button (like L2) while in the pocket that if you held this down while throwing, the QB will throw the ball to where the WR is supposed to be at the end of his route and not where the WR is headed at the moment. It should still require good timing but it might make the game more interesting and realistic at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Timing Routes

I hear you. The receiver should read the defense a little too. If the corner over them blitzes the receiver runs straight towards the safety. I usually get the ball to the WR just before the safety runs him over
Old 09-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Timing Routes

Actually this is one thing I have appreciated about the passing game in this year's edition. The deep comeback and curl routes have been money for me. The timing of these routes could depend on the Receivers route running rating, idk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »