Home

The Highlight Stick Must Be Changed

This is a discussion on The Highlight Stick Must Be Changed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
The Highlight Stick Must Be Changed

This is a madden problem too btw. Im tired of playing people who just use the highlight stick in every situation. Not to say that it isn't the best course of action. But this has ruined the skill it took to be a good ball handler.

Its the best when you play somebody online and you know they're abusing it when their runniner randomly does a "lower the pads" animation when no defender is around.

Lets make the highlight stick back into the truck stick/juke stick please. Or make it a rookie mode option. I mean when a 12 yr old kid, no offense im only 18 lol, can just burn people with 5 highlight stick moves in a row on one play as he waddle animations into the endzone, i think there needs to be something done.

A lot of people scream stick skills....where is the skill?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Highlight Stick Must Be Changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56

A lot of people scream stick skills....where is the skill?
in the timing and angles.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
in the timing and angles.
Right... Ill give you timing but the angles not really. Just Flick the stick when someone gets close and boom, your big bad play has come true...exactly by design. right?

Im just saying, there is no skill when a guy uses Adrian P and highlight sticks 8 players (happened to me in ncaa 07 lol) followed by the waddle run TD.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't abuse it like the people you play (I don't even use it once per run, let alone several times per run). Also, I've never seen it do anything other than what I would call a "truck" (the carrier lowers his head and plows forward as if to run over the defender). I've never had it do a spin move for anything else for me. On the other hand, like I said, I don't use it that often so maybe I'm just unlucky.

For me the right stick has only ever done the following things for me (I use the default controller setup)
up: truck
left: juke left
right: juke right
down: juke back

That all being said, I hope they keep the right stick just like it is. I don't abuse it and haven't had anyone ever abuse it against me and I like the way it works now.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Just consider the concept of a "highlight stick" and youll realize how ridiculous it is. Theres no way to trigger a random "highlight move" when your on the run playing actual football. Like has been suggested, it needs to be changed to jukes, spins, trucks, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

i disagree, when i use it i know what move my guy will make. learn the moves. as somebody posted i know when my guy will do this or that. some people make great plays but they use great players. if you are playing some random 12 year old he is using Florida, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, etc. etc. try that with a normal guy he gets his d*ck put in the dirt.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
i disagree, when i use it i know what move my guy will make. learn the moves. as somebody posted i know when my guy will do this or that. some people make great plays but they use great players. if you are playing some random 12 year old he is using Florida, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, etc. etc. try that with a normal guy he gets his d*ck put in the dirt.
Its not a matter of not knowing what my guy will do. He will either miraculously truck a guy despite his truck rating or do that duck the clothesline animation. Its more of a no skill required thing. I guess simplifying the game is what makes people happy. Just saying in older games, there was a better satisfaction knowing that you did the right combination of moves, and not the timing of your right thumb flick forward 8 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 AM   #8
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

I dont have a problem with the stick...if you line up the RB with your LB ( assuming your LB is good), and hit stick him, while he is trying to truck you..its generally a fumble, or a broken tackle....if you dont square your shoulders and the guy uses a juke or truck, its going to be a broken tackle (unless your RB sucks). if you dont time your juke or truck properly, its a fumble, injury, or tackle.

If you play defense properly, the highlight stick isnt terrible.

And the AP thing...well, he does it in the NFL, so why would he be bale to juke or truck 5 guys in the game? heh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »