Home

The high rated incoming Freshman or JC player will be in 2004 ?

This is a discussion on The high rated incoming Freshman or JC player will be in 2004 ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2003, 12:52 PM   #17
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The high rated incoming Freshman or JC player will be in 2004 ?

Since I love great defense, some defensive guys that should be rated very high are Prescott Burgess, Ernie Sims, Quinton Culbertson, and Antonio Cromartie. Sims is considered to be the consensus #1 linebacker in the nation. Cromartie has shutdown corner potential by the simple fact that he is about 6'4" and runs a sub 4.4 forty yard dash. Burgess and Culbertson are the two best safeties in the nation and should be rated very highly. I've heard Burgess is a ferocious hitter, and may even play some linebacker. Culbertson is a great athlete and may become a great two-way player since he will be playing safety, cornerback, and some wide receiver. These four should be rated very highly in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #18
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Cromartie has shutdown corner potential by the simple fact that he is about 6'4" and runs a sub 4.4 forty yard dash

Tall corners dont work...they topple over when they try to pivot and swivel, due to a higher center of gravity. There are very very very few corners taller than 6'1" for that reason.

I would hope Robert Meachem would make it in for the Vols, but i doubt it with all the young WRs the Vols already have.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:28 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Whoever told you Burgess was a ferocious hitter probably didn't see Delbert Ferguson run over and injure him. Ferocious hitter; he is not, overrated; he is!
Old 06-04-2003, 01:49 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

Cromartie has shutdown corner potential by the simple fact that he is about 6'4" and runs a sub 4.4 forty yard dash.

At that size and speed, he should be playing receiver. If your a decent receiver with 6'4" size, you can make the NFL. Just look at Andre Johnson. He was already a great receiver but having that height advantage doesn't hurt. At that size he's going to be the next Kellen Winslow type of big physical receiver.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:02 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

Im a Vol fan first, but I like to see all the Tennessee programs do well. I was a student at UT, but decided to transfer, and picked MTSU over Memphis, due to cost.

Bobby Robinson, according to the NW Miss JUCO coach, is the best QB to ever play in the Miss JUCO ranks. FSU was all over him, but was holding out for Jamarcus Russell (whe ended up at LSU) and another target. Robinson, like a smart JUCO, took the safe route and verballed and signed with Memphis. Other schools like MSU and Tennessee we also interested.

The sad thing is, Robinson won't start on our team. But, If our current QB goes down with an injury, I think Robinson will take the starter role for good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2003, 02:03 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Cromartie has shutdown corner potential by the simple fact that he is about 6'4" and runs a sub 4.4 forty yard dash.

It's funny how recruits' attributes always get exaggerated. It's sort of like the "telephone" game, where a bunch of kids whisper a sentence to one another, and the end result is completely different from the beginning. Both Rivals and Insiders list Cromartie as 6'3", and Rivals says he runs a 4.43, while Insiders says 4.40. An these stats themselves are always slightly exaggerated. My guess is that when he arrives at FSU, he'll be listed at 6'2".
Old 06-04-2003, 02:22 PM   #23
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Quote:

It's funny how recruits' attributes always get exaggerated. It's sort of like the "telephone" game, where a bunch of kids whisper a sentence to one another, and the end result is completely different from the beginning. Both Rivals and Insiders list Cromartie as 6'3", and Rivals says he runs a 4.43, while Insiders says 4.40. An these stats themselves are always slightly exaggerated. My guess is that when he arrives at FSU, he'll be listed at 6'2".

Where I got 6'4" and sub 4.4 forty from is from all the different publications. I've seen him listed from 6'3" to 6'5" and his forty times from 4.36 to 4.43. But regardless, if he puts in the effort, he has superstar potential.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:06 PM   #24
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I would hope Robert Meachem would make it in for the Vols, but i doubt it with all the young WRs the Vols already have.

I hear Meacham may be an academic casualty. I don't know for sure, but I've seen the rumor going around in a few places. You might want to keep your eye on him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »