Home

SPECIAL TEAMS

This is a discussion on SPECIAL TEAMS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
SPECIAL TEAMS

Is it just me or is there nothing special about special teams play in this game? It seems like u can't block field goals or punts wat so ever and they even took away the ability to return punts. So far I returned 1 punt 4 a touchdown but that was against a bad team in dynasty mode and I can't even get close to blocking a punt even if I send the house to do so. Am I the only 1 having this problem if so any1 got any pointers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: SPECIAL TEAMS

That bein said tho kick off returns is a lil too easy I almost get at least once a game
Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

I blocked a PAT with Penn State against 'Cuse. Used my punt returned (so good speed) and just timed the snap. Got lucky and blocked that sucker. But that's the only time I've blocked anything this year.

Punt returns are hard yeah. Go punt return safe (where there are two return men) and you'll have a blocker, that's actually blocked for me, back there with you. Also I usually take one of the players lined up on the ball and bring him back and try to block the closest gunner. My PR yards have increased greatly since doing this. Not many more PR TDs but I don't want them every PR so I'm good.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 09-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Yea thats wat I did 2 when I returned ma 1 n only punt but I can get yards 20+ 30+ but goin all tha way is tha problem because no1 blocks so its pretty much 1 on 11 lol
Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, every week you see how important special teams are, especially in the college game. I'd love to see more blocked kicks implemented next year.

They actually had one year on PS2, I think it was NCAA 08 that had a ton of blocked FGs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

i cant remember the last time ive seen a blocked fg or punt....i may have never seen one
Old 09-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6

Whichever game had the player cam on all special teams (PS2) had a ton of blocked ones. Now the only prayer you have is if they shank it. I haven't blocked a punt or field goal in three years.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
Banned

codes's Arena

OVR: 2

The only two times I have blocked a punt is when the CPU punter was at the back of their own endzone. I have never blocked a punt or field goal in a "normal" situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »