Home

HELP! Getting a player to switch his commitment.

This is a discussion on HELP! Getting a player to switch his commitment. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:01 AM   #1
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2
HELP! Getting a player to switch his commitment.

I am in year one of my Huskies' dynasty and I created all of the Huskies' commits for 2010 and am recruiting them all. Perhaps the prize of Sarkisian's first class is Nick Montana, a 4* QB out of California. Before last week's game, I was #1 on his list, but I dropped to #2 and he has a soft commitment to Ohio State. I really don't want to lose out on him... He has already gone on his visit with me against USC, where I won. His visit grade for UW was an A+.

Is it even possible to get a soft commit to back out? I don't want to lose out on him... Damn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: HELP! Getting a player to switch his commitment.

It can be done but it rarely ever happens. Just talk to him until the bar is all the way full and try to keep him grinning big. Nothing else you can do unless you haven't offered a scholarship but I'm sure you have.

I guess you could try to recruit against USC but I doubt they have anything but A+ on pitches besides early playing time.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 09-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2

So, I recruited him even harder right after seeing that he had a soft verbal to OSU; I spent about an hour and a half talking with him but the bar was always full and the smile was there... I did not think it would do a bit of good so I recruited the rest of my guys and then played Arizona and beat them 34-3 at home... Lo and behold, I go to my Recruiting Advisor and I see Montana's name... He tells me to be sure to talk to him because Montana is about to sign... I go to my recruiting screen and sure enough, he has switched to me and now has a soft verbal with me! I go to talk to him and as soon as I call him and make my first pitch, he commits... AWESOME!

I didn't think it could be done as this is the first time that I've been on the right side of a decommit... Pretty dang cool. I got five recruits for this class and only seven more to sign to get the Huskies' real recruits in real life... Still got some guys showing no interest and I am in week 8, but I've landed guys like that before so I won't give up on them.

Thanks for the tips, man... I thought for sure that he was a goner but something told me to not remove from my list (which I usually do with soft commits). I've heard other people say it could be done but it's damn cool to have done it for the first time.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Good one dude!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

In years past I have gave up on guys but this year is different. I lost 3 guys yesterday that took a last week trip to different schools and they singed after being "soft verbal" to me for most of the season. I was UGA and had A+ or A on everything they liked. It happens and its great. I stole one also from Florida so things worked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker
I am in year one of my Huskies' dynasty and I created all of the Huskies' commits for 2010 and am recruiting them all. Perhaps the prize of Sarkisian's first class is Nick Montana, a 4* QB out of California. Before last week's game, I was #1 on his list, but I dropped to #2 and he has a soft commitment to Ohio State. I really don't want to lose out on him... He has already gone on his visit with me against USC, where I won. His visit grade for UW was an A+.

Is it even possible to get a soft commit to back out? I don't want to lose out on him... Damn.
Thats pretty funny considering OSU was one of the main teams recruiting him in real life.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
MVP

boisejames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexerr
Thats pretty funny considering OSU was one of the main teams recruiting him in real life.
I think he means Oregon State.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
I think he means Oregon State.
no he means Ohio State he says it in his first post.

it is pretty ironic though cause he was considering Ohio State in real life

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »