Home

Please get rid of the offseason hidden recruits, completely unrealistic

This is a discussion on Please get rid of the offseason hidden recruits, completely unrealistic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #25
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Please get rid of the offseason hidden recruits, completely unrealistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Yeah just include them in the regular list of players, but have them say "I'm not willing to discuss my future at this time" or something to that effect, and let people recruit them in the offseason. But the entire class should be viewable the entire year.
This is probably the most realistic slant on the whole thing. I've heard of numerous times IRL where you get guys that will either sign real early to get it out of the way so they can concentrate on their senior year in HS or do the exact opposite and not do anything official until after their HS season is over. For guys that aren't getting the interest they want they may wait until after their season, hoping they have a great year to increase their ranking. For the guys who get an offer from their dream school they'll sign on the spot.

This could lead to some great enhancements for recruiting in the game. Having the recruits weekly stats available as data to be considered. Dynamic rankings based on performance. Actually having recruits reply that they're not going to sign until after their season so you could lessen the time spent talking to them but still keep them on your radar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #26
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
This is probably the most realistic slant on the whole thing. I've heard of numerous times IRL where you get guys that will either sign real early to get it out of the way so they can concentrate on their senior year in HS or do the exact opposite and not do anything official until after their HS season is over. For guys that aren't getting the interest they want they may wait until after their season, hoping they have a great year to increase their ranking. For the guys who get an offer from their dream school they'll sign on the spot.

This could lead to some great enhancements for recruiting in the game. Having the recruits weekly stats available as data to be considered. Dynamic rankings based on performance. Actually having recruits reply that they're not going to sign until after their season so you could lessen the time spent talking to them but still keep them on your radar.
I've been wanting something like this, but I know it isn't going to happen. It would be great to get actual replies from recruits on anything. But I'd just love to see a revamped recruiting system.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 09-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #27
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

What's the point of this? It doesn't refute what the OP is trying to say. His point is that recruits don't just pop out of nowhere. He already wrote that he would be happy if they allow recruits to move up or down in the rankings.

Not only that but I think the example you used the recruit was a 1-star in high school and a 5-stars years later in Junior College. The OP's point still stands as valid and providing these links was just dumb.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #28
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah I think it's a little ridiculous too. I mean in the first year of my Navy dynasty a 5-star QB showed up as the top rated recruit in the country. I thought what the hell I'll make a play for him. 5 weeks later he commits and I get the top rated recruit as a 2 star team. Very very unrealistic.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
Yeah I think it's a little ridiculous too. I mean in the first year of my Navy dynasty a 5-star QB showed up as the top rated recruit in the country. I thought what the hell I'll make a play for him. 5 weeks later he commits and I get the top rated recruit as a 2 star team. Very very unrealistic.
Maybe, but IRL top recruits go to lower ranked schools for playing time. If they don't commit to the lower ranked schools, a lot of them transfer after their Freshman Year. Hell some of them end up going to JC, then sign with D-1AA, D-2 and D-3 schools for playing time. Your situation, in your dynasty, is a little unrealistic, however having 3, 4 and 5 * star recruits with no interest in the lower ranked schools (1 and 2 * programs) is unrealistic as well.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

in all the seasons I have played, the #1 overall recruit is always one of the "hidden" recruits.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #31
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
What's the point of this? It doesn't refute what the OP is trying to say. His point is that recruits don't just pop out of nowhere. He already wrote that he would be happy if they allow recruits to move up or down in the rankings.

Not only that but I think the example you used the recruit was a 1-star in high school and a 5-stars years later in Junior College. The OP's point still stands as valid and providing these links was just dumb.
You would be right, except he was a one star as a JC and scout bumped him up to five stars when he started to get interest from UCLA (which I mentioned in this same thread). And I'm the "dumb" one...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #32
MVP

Roggie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
in all the seasons I have played, the #1 overall recruit is always one of the "hidden" recruits.
Yep. The final number 1 recruit is always hidden. I haven't looked close, but I'm thinking they are always in the same positions. There seems to always be the same amount of each star, or very close.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »