Home

Please get rid of the offseason hidden recruits, completely unrealistic

This is a discussion on Please get rid of the offseason hidden recruits, completely unrealistic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #49
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Please get rid of the offseason hidden recruits, completely unrealistic

UnderRatedCoast, I love your ideas. We should all copy this and SPAM EA with it....joking of course. MattBooty, very good contributions as well. You guys both deserve a couple

EDIT: UnderRatedCoast, there was one idea of yours I would like to modify. Instead of prohibiting us to recruit beyond the roster size, I would recommend giving us a hit in coaching integrity if we cut a player we recruited. If it is a player recruited by a former coach fine, but if it is someone we recruited we take a hit and if our integrity gets to a certain level it gets increasingly more difficult to get new recruits. That would force us to make decisions as to who to recruit, when to go over our roster limits and who to cut. Right now I impose a rule on myself in my OD that I can not cut any player I recruit. This only applies to me and not the other guys in our OD.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by deadlyCane; 10-21-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
UnderRatedCoast, I love your ideas. We should all copy this and SPAM EA with it....joking of course. MattBooty, very good contributions as well. You guys both deserve a couple

EDIT: UnderRatedCoast, there was one idea of yours I would like to modify. Instead of prohibiting us to recruit beyond the roster size, I would recommend giving us a hit in coaching integrity if we cut a player we recruited. If it is a player recruited by a former coach fine, but if it is someone we recruited we take a hit and if our integrity gets to a certain level it gets increasingly more difficult to get new recruits. That would force us to make decisions as to who to recruit, when to go over our roster limits and who to cut. Right now I impose a rule on myself in my OD that I can not cut any player I recruit. This only applies to me and not the other guys in our OD.
I like that idea as well. Also, if you do cut a player I don't think that guy should just disappear off the face of the earth. If I'm a 4 star recruit and I get a schollie offer, then they tell me later "sorry, we have no room for you," most likely I'll say FU and head across town to another school who will be happy to take me.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #51
MVP

Roggie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
I like that idea as well. Also, if you do cut a player I don't think that guy should just disappear off the face of the earth. If I'm a 4 star recruit and I get a schollie offer, then they tell me later "sorry, we have no room for you," most likely I'll say FU and head across town to another school who will be happy to take me.
I always thought it would be perfect for a majority of them to turn into the next year's Juco class.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #52
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Not to be rude, but UnderRatedCoast that idea is horrible. I would hate that.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Not to be rude, but UnderRatedCoast that idea is horrible. I would hate that.
No offense taken. Not everyone likes their video games to be realistic.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #54
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

I just think it'd make it much harder, EA would most likely mess it up, and it wouldn't be as much fun.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:20 AM   #55
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I always thought it would be perfect for a majority of them to turn into the next year's Juco class.
Yup, I've always thought this as well and was even going to post it. The reason I didn't is because I know we're dealing with EA here and I HIGHLY doubt they would take the time to try to figure out how to do that. I figured this would be beyond their routine programming stuff. I guess like someone else wrote, EA has set our standards so low....

And Josh, while I agree that there is a great chance EA would mess up UnderRatedCoast's idea, that shouldn't be a point to argue the idea is bad. EA's implementation of an idea should have little bearing on the merits of the idea. If the reason is because it'll make recruiting hard then I understand your point, even if I don't agree. Personally, I think recruiting is too easy as it is. But I think where you're getting is that UnderRated's idea would be too time consuming. That's a good point, so what I would suggest is that EA also implements a way to automate this or automated parts of the process, similar to how they automate the phone calls with the Quick Calls function. The automated process should be a little less effective than if you did it yourself though.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
Yup, I've always thought this as well and was even going to post it. The reason I didn't is because I know we're dealing with EA here and I HIGHLY doubt they would take the time to try to figure out how to do that. I figured this would be beyond their routine programming stuff. I guess like someone else wrote, EA has set our standards so low....

And Josh, while I agree that there is a great chance EA would mess up UnderRatedCoast's idea, that shouldn't be a point to argue the idea is bad. EA's implementation of an idea should have little bearing on the merits of the idea. If the reason is because it'll make recruiting hard then I understand your point, even if I don't agree. Personally, I think recruiting is too easy as it is. But I think where you're getting is that UnderRated's idea would be too time consuming. That's a good point, so what I would suggest is that EA also implements a way to automate this or automated parts of the process, similar to how they automate the phone calls with the Quick Calls function. The automated process should be a little less effective than if you did it yourself though.
Exactly...instead of a quickcall feature, you could just set each coach to quick-recruit for the week. That way they can choose what % of time they use on each recruit. That would actually make recruiting even faster than it is now after the original preseason recruiting, since you only have like seven coaches to set. Your recruiting could literally take two minutes every week if you wanted it to, or a half hour if that's what you like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »