Home

What's your style of play on NCAA Football???

This is a discussion on What's your style of play on NCAA Football??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2003, 12:11 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: What\'s your style of play on NCAA Football???

I love playing Smash mouth football. RB's are always high on my list. I like to blitz a lot on Defense.

Unless I have a really good QB, I'll start airing it out more, but I still like to run the ball to keep a balance. It'll be interesting this year b/c my 1st Dynasty will be with Arizona State, so Andrew Walter who I used last year will be greatly improved so I may end up throwing a low more.

I guess in the end, Like most, I'll play to my teams strength, but I always remember to mix in the run.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:44 PM   #18
MVP

TidePride50's Arena

OVR: 7

I usually run two Alabama dynasties. One for me to run the offense I like and the other to run the way it is in reality. On the dynasty I run my offensive I usually go 70-30 run, unless I have a really good passing QB. One season I was running a wide open attack because my QB was a really good pocket passer. He went down halfway thru the season and was out for the season. I was on my way to rewriting the record books on offense with him, but season ending injury cancelled that. Anyway, after he went down the back up was a really fast QB, but could not throw a lick. SO I swent from wide open passing attack to almost all option and traditional running game. I got so good at running the option that he reamined my starting QB until he left. After about two season he wasnt that bad of a passer either.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:58 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 7

Last year with the Heels, I ran a ton of option with Darian Durant at the helm. Maybe it's me, but i think they made him a lot faster in NCAA 2003 than he is in real life, but hey, I'm not complaining. On my first season, there weren't too many consistent options to throw the ball to, and I couldn't get anything going running the ball, so I ended up scrambling and rolling out of the pocket a lot. For the second season I got a pretty solid recruiting class at WR and was able to throw more consistently. I went to a more balanced style of offense, running to set up the passing game, which is what I currently use now. I'm pretty conservative on D, I like to let the offense make a mistake instead of trying to make the big play and giving up a TD .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »