Home

I truly love this game.

This is a discussion on I truly love this game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2
I truly love this game.

I truly love this game.

I love college football. I love the band, I love the stadiums, the rivalries... Everything. EA has done a good job with their NCAA series. It is FAR from perfect and the admittedly, the game has become a little stale, but I still enjoy it more than Madden.

I went over to the Wishlist forum for the first time and I got goosebumps just thinking about some of the features that could be added in... The opportunities for this game are endless. One thing EA has forgotten about has been atmosphere. It is so huge in college football... The bands, the crazy student sections, the chants... EA needs to really step it up in this regard. Remember the NCAA basketball games that had the momentem meter? That was cool and it was realistic, as momentum does have a huge effect in real life games. I've seen this game asking you what defensive play was called by the CPU when throwing a pick and how your composure goes down if you select the wrong play, but rarely, if ever, have I ever experienced it. The same thing can be said with the CPU, if a QB is rattled, has been sacked a few times, or thrown some picks, he should show that he has been rattled.

Recruiting does not need to be overhauled, but it does need work. I like the fact that you can still land 'soft commits' to other schools if you turn the heat up on them, but never have I had a soft commit decommit on me. Being able to offer high school school junior's scholarships would be cool as well, as would getting their high school stats. It's the little things that would make recruiting 10x more fun and enjoyable.

I know the game needs work but I still love it... and am hopeful for it's future!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Locker's Arena

Re: I truly love this game.

Also, presentation! Pretty weak. In older systems, it would show the broadcasting crew before the game making predictions and talking about the game. It seems that presentation has surprisingly regressed a great deal on the new systems. This to me is just sad and dumbfounding.

More stat overlays are a must...

Step it up for 2011, EA... You've done it before, now do it again!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Banned

codes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker
More stat overlays are a must...
Its pretty funny you mention that. Last night I started the third season of my dynasty and my DE got his first sack of the season. There was a stat overlay that said "Season Stats" and the dude had 71 tackles!! I'm guessing it was supposed to be "Career Stats" but still, that's a pretty simple thing that EA messed up. It seems like stat overlays have taken the absolute least priority in the next-gen EA games.

I love to get immersed in every aspect of my dynasties. However, its hard to do so when you aren't seeing the accurate stats of the players on your team.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

If they improve presentation, slow game speed down a little, and improve player physics they will have a classic on their hands.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

I want more presentation but only at pregame, halftime and postgame...Madden has over done it with TOO many CUTSCENES and to me it has slowed down the play of the game.

Pregame picks and big time players.
Team TD celebrations
The teams running off to their locker rooms would be good. Stat summary at the half. Keys to the game and have they done them.
Postgame celebrations -game winning field goal or TD celebrations should be totally different than regular celebrations.
End of game stats.
Award presentation for user finalists.
Discipline
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »