Home

NCAA 2004 Top Receivers...

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 Top Receivers... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2003, 06:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
NCAA 2004 Top Receivers...

Along the line of previous threads...Here are my predictions for the 10 highest rated receivers in NCAA 2004...

1) Roy Williams, Texas
2) Reggie Williams, Washington
3) Rashaun Woods, Ok. State
4) Mike Williams, USC
5) Bernard Berrian, Fresno State
6) Lee Evans, Wisconsin
7) Michael Clayton, LSU
8) Larry Fitzgerald, Pitt
9) James Newson, Oregon St.
10) Fred Gibson, Georgia
HM-Courtney Roby (IU), John Sandeford (Purdue), BJ Johnson (Texas), Darius Watts (Marshall), Devard Darling (WSU), Derek Abney (UK), and Fred Gibson (Georgia)

I'm fairly confident on the top 5 or 6. Your thoughts and arguments are always welcome!...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2003, 07:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
I like your list except

In reality w/o all the big time program hype Oklahoma State's Rashaun Woods should be # 1. Woods also has the stats to back it up!
Last season, Woods caught 107 passes for 1,695 yards and 17 touchdowns. The only receiver with similar stats is

Reggie Williams of Washinton who caught 94 passes for 1,454 yards and 11 touchdowns

Roy Williams of Texas stats were 64 receptions 1142 yards 12 TDs

Woods could make All-America based on his performance in last year’s Oklahoma game alone. With Cowboy QB Josh Fields also on fire that day, Woods torched the Sooners with 12 catches for a school single-game record 226 yards and three touchdowns. Two years ago, Woods set a school single-season record with 80 catches and led the Big 12 with 1,023 yards. Last season, he caught 107 passes for 1,695 yards and 17 touchdowns.
Courtesy of Athlon Sports
Old 06-04-2003, 07:53 PM   #3
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 2004 Top Receivers...

If Larry Fitz weren't a soph, I'd think he deserved higher. I think you're about right.

He's also my darkhorse to win the Belitnikoff this year.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Yeah...Woods is awesome! They have a nice combo with him and Tatum Bell at runningback. I'm still surprised that Aso Pogi never panned out at qb. I remember a couple years ago when they battled Oklahoma tough, when it looked like he would become a star!

Man, looking back at that receiver list...I have to admit it felt weird not putting a single receiver from Miami, FSU, or Florida on there! That has to be the first time in quite a long time that none of those schools have "a / the" PREMIER wideout!!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 12:21 AM   #5
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

I actually think Derek Abney is one of the top 3. In that video he is listed first on First Team All-American, ahead of Roy Williams and RaShaun Woods. Therefore he has got be rated extremelly high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2003, 12:53 AM   #6
Rookie

randyf's Arena

OVR: 2

Abney is a KR/PR for NCAA Pre-season all-americans it just has him as a WR b/c they dont have KR/PR as a position....The first post has Fred Gibson as the #10 reciever and as HM....Forgetting Michael Jenkins he will be up there...If he played for a pass happy team he could be top 5

p.s. Abney wasn't even the leading reciever on his team
Old 06-05-2003, 03:03 AM   #7
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I actually think Derek Abney is one of the top 3. In that video he is listed first on First Team All-American, ahead of Roy Williams and RaShaun Woods. Therefore he has got be rated extremely high.

Are you kidding me. He isn't the best WR in his conference let alone top 3 in the NAtion. Your love for Kentucky has truly dissolved your brain.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:55 AM   #8
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

Sammy Parker is a very underrated WR from Oregon. This is his first year being the #1 WR but he was a big target for Joey Harrington (see 80 yard TD pass in Fiesta Bowl) and that was 2 years ago. I dont know that he is top 10 but I think he will be up there by seasons end...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »