Home

If you want to avoid cheesers online...

This is a discussion on If you want to avoid cheesers online... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
If you want to avoid cheesers online...

I've read a lot over time about people's complaints with cheesers and how it strays them from playing online. I've played about 120 games now, and maybe faced only 5, 6 cheeser rollout guys. A few other guys that did some questionable stuff, but overall I have faced a lot of guys who went pretty sim. I do two things.

1. Avoid Florida, Ohio State, Virginia Tech. In 120 games I have maybe played Florida a few times, and VT a few times. LSU is the other team some players might go full cheese on.
2. Play people with decent records. Often cheesers are like 14-27 or something like that. If someone is close to .500, a little above it, or a winning record they are probably legit. Why? Cheesers, in general, are not that good at the game. So even though their cheese may keep them in the game till the 3rd, 4th quarter, eventually their stuff gets old and they lose. Now, there are those rare exceptions where someone has some up with a very good cheese offense and they have a good record, but more often than not this is how it works.

Simple stuff I know, but I thought it might help a few people out. Doing these two things has greatly improved online playing for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: If you want to avoid cheesers online...

Virginia Tech is a cheese team? Really? I've played as them for the last 2 years and I've never heard of them being a cheese team.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Virginia Tech is a cheese team? Really? I've played as them for the last 2 years and I've never heard of them being a cheese team.
Yeah, I played someone the other day that only ran 3 or 4 plays the entire game with them and most of those were speed options or rolling out with Tyrod
Old 10-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 34

Just about any team with a fast QB on the roster, has solid cheese potential.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
Rookie

They're a perfect cheese team.

Good rb, fast (one of the faster in the game) quarterback, really good D. VT can be hard to keep consistent offense because of Tyshawn's inaccurate arm and the fact most teams in the top 15 in the game have more offensive talent. People that play with them are probably going to resort to other things sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
Pro

thequick135's Arena

OVR: 7

ive run with vt since u could play online.. never had anyone complain about me being a "cheeser"
Old 10-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequick135
ive run with vt since u could play online.. never had anyone complain about me being a "cheeser"
Oh, oh okay. That's right. Because in my post I said all VT users are cheesers. Yep.

Sometimes people on this board crack me up. Look, plenty of people out there are legit with these teams. My point was, when examining top 10 teams, those are the three most likely to be run by a cheeser. That's all. Probability. Because i've played a fair amount of games and seen little cheese may suggest that my strategy works, that's all.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Some cheesers have a winning record too. I remembered playing against the Lakers in NBA 2K8. The guys record was like 75- something under 25. I challenged him because I wanted to see how I fare with the best. He wooped me badly with Kobe who had like 70 points. He played no D whatsoever and just waited on the other side of the court or center court for the ball and score easy 2's. I didn't want to quit that'll mess up my 0% DNF streak. I effin hate cheesers man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »