Home

McNeal fastest quarterback?!?!?

This is a discussion on McNeal fastest quarterback?!?!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2003, 03:20 PM   #9
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: McNeal fastest quarterback?!?!?

Quote:

why exactly should Marcus Vick be so great? highly touted for sure, but don't just plug in Mike's numbers. He could be that good, or he could wind up the frank to Mike's Sly Stallone.

No reason to make him the fastest/ best scrambling QB. If he goes nuts then edit his rating but the guy has the same rushing and passingyardage in ncaa football that I do.

I never said he deserved to get high ratings because of his brother, I just think he will get higher ratings because of it. It's not right, but it's go to do with the hype, he'll probably be better than he really should be on NCAA 2004.
Old 06-07-2003, 05:07 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

No doubt. Reggie McNeal should have one of the highest QB speed ratings in the game--period-- There aren't many QBs in D1 football who can run a 4.3 40 and even less than can run a 10.5 100M
Old 06-07-2003, 07:09 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

McNeal and Vick are, without a doubt, the fastest pure-speed QB's in the game. That said, no one is saying they are necessarily the best scrambling QB's in colllege football. But pure speed...40 times....McNeal and Vick are incredibly fast, easily beating anyone else in college football.

I'd hesitate to say Lord is the best scrambling QB in the game, though. Maybe he is...maybe he isn't. I'd rank McNeal up near the top, along with Brad Smith, Lord, and Roberson from K-State. (notice how all these are in the Big12...yikes)

Vick may well become the best scrambling QB, but since he has yet to see the field....no one can really know for sure. McNeal proved last year in his starts and playing time that his scrambling ability is incredible.

And yes....that post on the other site was correct. McNeal is NOT the fastest QB in the game this year, but IMO EA screwed up in making Vick an 86 speed. No way he is 9 points faster than McNeal, and I think his name did factor into his rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2003, 07:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Last year when ESPN ranked the top high school quarterbacks they had McNeal running a 4.3 and Vick running a 4.5 so I wouln't be suprised of McNeal is the fastest qb
Old 06-08-2003, 12:53 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

If University of Texas QB Vincent Young doesn't make the list, no one should. He hasn't played yet, so inexperience will be a problem, but this kid is like lightning ...
Old 06-08-2003, 12:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

why exactly should Marcus Vick be so great? highly touted for sure, but don't just plug in Mike's numbers. He could be that good, or he could wind up the frank to Mike's Sly Stallone.

Actually, he has a very good chance to become better than Michael. I talked to the coach at Warwick high recently, that coached both qbs and he even said at this stage, Marcus is better. Anyway, Vick and McNeal are the two fastest in the game. By the way, McNeal cannot run a 4.3.

Old 06-08-2003, 01:19 PM   #15
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

If University of Texas QB Vincent Young doesn't make the list, no one should. He hasn't played yet, so inexperience will be a problem, but this kid is like lightning ...

If we're gonna bother talking about young QB's who haven't played yet *cough* Marcus Vick *cough*, you have to include Vincent Young. Dude be fast.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2003, 04:23 PM   #16
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Look I might be a huge UVA fan but I know this much is true..... Marcus Vick is not as good as his brother!!!!!!!!!! He never will be.... there is only one Michael Vick why does no one understand that? Michael is a freak of nature...... Marcus will not be as good..... Marcus is more of a quaterback, but he is nbot nearly as fast as his brother...... Mark my words Vick2. is not as good as Vick........ No way, No how.... Ask any Hokie fan, they know Randle is not that great, and Vick2 isn't even starting over him, so trust me when I say this Vick2 is not Vick and he will never be, and there is no chance that Vick2 will be as good as Vick..... Ratings really come from his name as previously mentioned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »