Home

The 20 Classic Games are... (football-related, for idiots who don't know)

This is a discussion on The 20 Classic Games are... (football-related, for idiots who don't know) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: The 20 Classic Games are...

Quote:

Anyone know why they started in 1980? Seems kind of shortsided to include only the last 22 years when college football has been played for over 100 years. I mean I know some of those games we don't have footage of, but they could have at least gone back to 1950 or 1960.

It's probably because the target audience for this game was not around in that era, so EA is bringing classic games that the target audience will recall. The target audience being the 10-40 range I would guess as 10 year olds may recall some of the games and older people, such as 40 year olds, will recall all of the game. They did bring classic teams too, so its not a total loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2003, 07:28 PM   #42
Rookie

TheDeuce's Arena

OVR: 3

ugh...I still have nightmares about McNabb's last second touchdown pass across the field to win that game in 98'...thanks alot EA haha good list though.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:15 PM   #43
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

And Colorado's 10-9 win over Notre Dame is way more exciting, right?

I think that they are stressing Huge Game Changing Plays, thus you probably pick up this game as Rocket drops back to return a punt, but lookout for phantom clips.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:20 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Quote:

And Colorado's 10-9 win over Notre Dame is way more exciting, right?

I think that they are stressing Huge Game Changing Plays, thus you probably pick up this game as Rocket drops back to return a punt, but lookout for phantom clips.

You hit the nail right on the head. Each of the 20 games has one thing in common: they were all decided when a team either succeeded or failed at attempting a play of reasonably high difficulty in their last possession. It's not as much a list of the greatest games as it is a list of the greatest finishes in great games.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:38 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

I love this feature and I was pleasantly surprised to see the 93 FSU ND game in there! 93 ND was my favorite college football team of all time. Kevin McDougal and Lee Becton were a great combo. I had that game on tape for a good year before my mom taped a soap opera over it. I still think they got robbed when FSU was able to play for the national championship after they lost to BC. ND should have won that game but in the end, they had the same record as FSU and obviously beat them head to head. I have always thought the emphasis on late season losses is a stupid feature of college football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2003, 11:44 PM   #46
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Wish I could talk to Freight Train but alas he is a newbie.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:01 PM   #47
SM*G*XX*R

marque1d's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The 20 Classic Games are... (football-related, for idiots who don\'t know)

I have a question about the 1982 Cal vs. Stanford game, do you think they are really going to have the band on the field?

The 1996 Big XII title game Texas vs. Nebraska sticks out in my memory.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:02 PM   #48
MVP

Jayhawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The 20 Classic Games are... (football-related, for idiots who don\'t know)

I don't think the band will be on the field

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »