Home

I need some help, guys...

This is a discussion on I need some help, guys... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: I need some help, guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkone
recently, i have been a victim of the infamous YLOD. I am getting my new system this week but ALL data is permanently lost...including NCAA Football 2010!
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. That happened to my PS3, also. There are people out there who can repair the problem for 2/3 of the price that Sony charges. Sony will fix the problem for free, if your warranty is still valid. There are a few people on eBay who fix this problem for around ($85-$100 including shipping). I chose Knight's Gaming Repair (on eBay) to repair my PS3. The only issue that I had with the process was that they sent my PS3 back in the wrong box.

Since this is not a problem with your hard drive, your data, more than likely, will not be erased when dealing with someone who can fix the problem other than Sony. Many people have complained about loosing their data, after sending their PS3 in to Sony for repair.

Your PS3, even though it is not working, is not really broken. What has happened is that the thermal paste (solder) on the RSX graphics chip has overheated and your RSX chip has moved enough to cause the unit to quit working.

Quote:
Im gonna jump back into a new franchise but I wanna know who has good rosters? All i want is names on the rosters but I dont want the players edited, deleted, added players or anything like that. I want just names of the original rosters. Can someone please help me with a good roster set?
Why do want to use a roster that has all default attributes? Is it because you just want them for online play? If not, just to let you know, 98-99% of all of the default attributes are nowhere close to being accurate. Players are added and removed because EA has no way of knowing who will be on a team's roster when the season starts.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #10
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
Does anyone know why the YLOD happens?
What happens is that the unit gets hot enough to loosen the thermal paste (solder) that holds the RSX graphics chip in place. The heat, as far as I know, is not hot enough to damage anything else, so it's not an overheating issue.

http://www.beetronix.com.au/gaming-c.../ps3-ylod.html

Quote:
I haven't had it happen but I'm wondering if there's something I can do or not do to avoid it.
One small tip is to not stand your PS3 up on its side. If you have it on its side, the solder, if overheated, will cause the RSX chip to move. I'm not positive, but I think that using a PS3 cooling fan would almost have to help. Also, placing it in a well ventilated area would probably help.

Quote:
Is it using the system to much for to long periods of time?
I don't think that is the reason. From what I have read, people have had this happen to their PS3s after only having them on for a short amount of time. When it happened to mine, I was watching a Blu-ray. I'm pretty sure that I had only had it on for about an hour and a half. It could have been longer, though.

Quote:
Is it just eventually gonna happen to all PS3s for no reason? Or does it just happen to some PS3s and not to others? Or what?
From what I was told about this issue, from someone who specializes in fixing this problem, it will happen to every launch model. From what I have read, in recent models, the RSX chip is no longer attached the way that it was in the launch models, so it is no longer a problem.

Even though Sony knows that this is their fault, they still charge a $150 dollar repair fee for models that are no longer under warranty.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

[/quote]Why do want to use a roster that has all default attributes? Is it because you just want them for online play? If not, just to let you know, 98-99% of all of the default attributes are nowhere close to being accurate. Players are added and removed because EA has no way of knowing who will be on a team's roster when the season starts.[/quote]

I want the original default rosters for online game play. When I get these edited and rearranged rosters with added and deleted players, these are not the rosters used online.

With that said, any suggestions on what rosters to download? What was the code to put in at the EA locker that was given the night of the game's release. I cant remember EA_SC2010 or something like that...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »