Home

What would it take to bring you back?

This is a discussion on What would it take to bring you back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #49
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What would it take to bring you back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaen
If stats are not fixed plus then improved on from 09(scrambling Qbs getting 29 rush yards on 142 attempts, or West Coast QBs taking off 200+ times) then I will not buy this game PERIOD I am sick and tired of the stats being pathetic. Presentation needs a lot of work as well
I know what you mean. They need to add assisted tackles, half sacks, etc. I remember in nfl 2k5, I drafted a 7th round MLB and started only because my top 2 guys were hurt for the season. In 9 starts, he had 77 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and a FF.

NCAA must add assisted tackles. If they do, you will see star LB'rs get 100+ tackles per season. Even USER controlled teams will see high tackle numbers.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 34

having players play to their abilities and actually do something, without gimmicky gameplan features..would go a long way.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #51
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

There's too much to list in one post, but they could start by getting rid of gimmick features that they threw into the game instead of listening to the community. They need to actually listen to atmosphere at college games and do a better job of implementing it. They need to have playbooks with different offensive line schemes. The offensive line blocks the same in any offense and pro tak won't fix this.
I could go on, but I think they need to rethink game play before they try to polish anything else. Running the option is a joke in NCAA and has always been although it was excusable last gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 37

Reality check... play 06 and then play 10... NCAA 11 will need a miracle just to catch up with last gen.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker
Honestly, this will be the last year that I buy either Madden or NCAA until things get fixed. I will wait until at least a month until both games drop, read message boards, reviews, rent the game, etc... If I deem it worth a purchase after researching it, I'll buy it.

Someone said no more patches... Patches are fine, but when you RELY on a patch or patches to literally SAVE the game, you are no longer a 'smart' consumer. That's just my opinion and people can disagree with me but that's what it is to me. Patches should be used as tools to improve some basic functions of the game, but what I've personally found is me hoping that EA can release patches that will save these games for me... It seems like I've been hoping for that for at least three years now and I am just kind of upset that I allowed myself to be like that.

Don't get me completely wrong here, I do play NCAA 2010 and sometimes I even enjoy it, but no matter how hard you scrub a turd...it's still a turd. LOL, sorry but that's kind of the way I look at it. This game is stale, it has no personality, nothing at all that sets it apart, nothing that deems it worthy of a $65 price tag. The more I play it, the more I dislike it. The game has moved forward but that's simply not saying much. Underwhelming describes this game perfectly ever since the new consoles came out.

EA can and should do better with their football games... they made a smart business move by gaining exclusivity with the NCAA and NFL and we're paying for it. My hope is that we all tuck away our wallets and hold out until we see what kind of game EA has put out for next year.

We can gripe ALL we want on message boards... We can write the company a million times... but as long as their sales keep rolling in, they simply won't care.

Money talks and they have the power... for now.
The bolded statement above is right on the money and I hope people heed that. Patches are okay and I am glad that we have the technology to utilize them... However, when you do hope that a patch can fix game killing issues, you need to ask yourself why you continue to buy a broken, regurgitated game.

I have loved this series from the start... I bought the game this year. I was never THAT disappointed with the game but as I've thought about some of the issues, I can no longer support EA with my business. Not until things get fixed.

I am sure the developers work long and hard hours. I am sure they put their blood, sweat and tears into this game. Perhaps that's not true with all of them, but I do believe that most of them want to create an outstanding game. I am sure there is a great deal of pressure put on them to produce a game and meet deadlines. The higher-ups probably tie their hands a great deal and make the production of the game as cost-efficient as possible... Hopefully, in doing that, EA's sales continue to drop and they are forced to make the game that they have been capable of making.

There is no excuse. EA is supposed to be the standard and when I read various boards and blogs all I see is a whole lot of frustration and dissatisfaction.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #54
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6

You people have to understand the main problem with the game: THE ENGINE. I have no optimism in EA because making a whole new engine would take time, as evidence by the crap one we have now. They rushed it to get NCAA '07 out, and what happened, IT'S ***. Nothing will make me come back until a new engine is made, which won't be until at least 2012, if a new, next-gen console comes out, or if Nintendo makes an actual console not some child's toy.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well, let me first say that I hate comparing one game to another. I love football and I can't really get into the NFL that much so NCAA is always THE game I wait for every year, but I also picked up Madden this year and it kills me to say, I haven't really played much NCAA since then. Every time I start it up, I can't get over the blazing speed it uses compared to Madden. So, what would I like to see in '10?

First, adjustable game speed settings, a la Madden. The game needs to be slowed down to a realistic level. Just feels very "arcadey" now.

Second, presentation and collegiate atmosphere. I think enough has been said about this one. I'd like to see more of a TV broadcast feel. Make use of the ESPN license by using the same replay splashes, stat boxes, etc. that we see on Saturday. More replays. New and more dynamic commentary would be a plus. But above all, I want a collegiate feel to it all. College football brings tradition, pagentry, bands, the student section, etc. EA has to bring all of that together so that it feels exciting again. Big games need to feel like big games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »