Home

Three More Little Things that would add to the Game

This is a discussion on Three More Little Things that would add to the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Three More Little Things that would add to the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9
3. As mentioned on numerous other threads, please don't give us Ask Corso automatically on 4th Down.
I actually like that they bring up Ask Corso on 4th down and I hope they don't remove that. I punt the ball on 4th down probably 20 times for every time that I go for it so I like having the play that I'm going to call come up automatically. However, someone else in this thread had a great idea in that it should just bring up all of your special teams plays instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9
4. This may be more of a personal problem, but when I'm trying to blitz on defense, if I mistime the blitz and try to get back I move the joystick straight back and somehow almost everytime I end up player locking, the screen shifts, then I am running right back into the backfield. Maybe change the player lock button?
I can honestly say that I have never done this once, and I've played this game a lot.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

"Ask Corso" is lame and annoying. The play selections for "Ask Corso" hasn't changed in 5 years. The CPU wants you to go for on 4th Down even when the situation does not warrant it and the same goes for 2 point conversions as well. I usually have to back out and go to the regular play book in those situations. Personally, I wish they would eliminate it all together. Same goes for "Ask Madden". It is not really Corso's or Madden's coaching philosophy anyway, just the game encouraging cheezers.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
"Ask Corso" is lame and annoying. The play selections for "Ask Corso" hasn't changed in 5 years. The CPU wants you to go for on 4th Down even when the situation does not warrant it and the same goes for 2 point conversions as well. I usually have to back out and go to the regular play book in those situations. Personally, I wish they would eliminate it all together. Same goes for "Ask Madden". It is not really Corso's or Madden's coaching philosophy anyway, just the game encouraging cheezers.
yep, it's the backing out that is painful, and in a "hurry" type of situation i will from time to time flub up and choose a play by accident. chaps my hide!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Ask Corso is pretty much the CPU playcalling. I think it uses the same/similar logic as the CPU when you play versus them. at least it looks like it's the same.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Ask Corso is pretty much the CPU playcalling. I think it uses the same/similar logic as the CPU when you play versus them. at least it looks like it's the same.
Here's a thought... maybe "ask corso" would be more meaningful if it didn't repeat the same 4-8 plays every single down!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #14
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Here's a thought... maybe "ask corso" would be more meaningful if it didn't repeat the same 4-8 plays every single down!!!
well, that is what the CPU calls.

if they improve CPU playcall logic it would help the ask corso feature, but they should not force you look at it on 4th downs. it does get annoying when Corso wants you to go for it on a 4th and 13 on your own 40.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well, that is what the CPU calls.

if they improve CPU playcall logic it would help the ask corso feature, but they should not force you look at it on 4th downs. it does get annoying when Corso wants you to go for it on a 4th and 13 on your own 40.
Maybe the new gimmick... oops I mean "feature" (wink, wink) for NCAA 11 shoould be the all new "Corso suggests a kick on fourth down" mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #16
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

I'd like to see Squib kicking added back into the game. It was there in previous Gen, but in the next gen titles it has been sorely missed.

However the same canned Nessler recording of "They just may want to squib kick this thing, they don't want the kick returner to create lightning" is still there despite the fact that you cannot squib kick in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »