Home

do you only start your hightst OVR players?

This is a discussion on do you only start your hightst OVR players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 08:00 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: do you only start your hightst OVR players?

I do this with receivers as well....I look for high speed for the flankers. Then I want the highest catching for my slots.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #18
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Why would you guys start the older guy? Seems dumb to me. I almost never start Seniors since I want my freshman and sophomores to progress better.
Because it's more of a realistic feel to us. And I feel like a jerk if I don't play the Senior. (Then again, I've cut them before because they suck, but that's a different story).
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it just depends. sometimes i get attached to my players(especially the ones I recruited) and if i get a chance, i like to get the upperclassman a chance to shine before graduating. if the younger player has not been redshirted, I may take that chance to redshirt him.

i get so attached to my players sometimes, that if a senior goes down to injury for the season, I feel really bad because he will not be able to play again in college.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I also put the players class/experience in the decision as well. if 2 players are about the same, I usually start the older player.
Man, I am the exact opposite. I'm ruthless when it comes to a video game depth chart. If players are the same rating I play the younger one looking to develop him down the road. If a senior doesn't play then oh well. Formation subs would make this much better though so I could split some snaps amongst players, especially on defense.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I base mine on how well they play come game time. I try to give every player on my depth chart time in the first game to see how they play since we don't get a spring game any more. I base it off that. Right now in year 2 with UGA I have these lower rated players playing.

QB: Murray (88 ovr) over Gray (90 ovr and started 7 games the year before)
RB: Ealey (90 ovr) over C. King (94 ovr)
WR: Brown (84ovr) over T. King (86 ovr) I like T. King in the slot
TE: Chalers (85 ovr) over White (87 ovr)
MLB: Dowtin (88 ovr) over Dent (91 ovr and a Sr.)
SS: Rambo (86 ovr) over Banks (90 ovr and a Sr.)
They all played better then the high ranked players.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Because it's more of a realistic feel to us. And I feel like a jerk if I don't play the Senior. (Then again, I've cut them before because they suck, but that's a different story).
Lol, I thought it I only felt this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

I start the best player according to the scheme i'm running. Sometimes it's speed sometimes its other attributes. I also like to experiment alot. And i build different teams in my different dynasty.

If i have an Upper classmen and a lower classmen with close rating. I will play the upper classmen if he has been a baller thru out his career and is looking to break records. I play the lower classmen if the upper classmen is unproven.

For example i am playing with FAU in an online dynasty. My defense is a 3-4 scheme. AKA "The Spread Killer"; Here is how i recruit for it.

DE: Fastest possible because in 3-4 zone blitz they will be in coverage alot.

DT: could be a slow DE or a strong beast whichever is available.

MLB/OLB: wont recruit if less than B+ speed in 3-4 these guys will be in man 2 man coverage alot. cant afford to have a slow guy here.

SS: Hard Hitters to convert into linebackers looking for at least B tak C blk shd and C str. They can cover backs out of the backfield 1 on 1. they are great in the zone coverages and can come off the edge.

FS/CB: best available

ATH: I love athletes they give you the best bang for your buck. Having a guy who can cover and catch plus break tackles brings a different element to your def.

I recruit this way for this team because in this league alot of ppl run the spread and true smash mouth teams are few and far between. My goal is to keep my base defense on the field as much as possible. Being able to bring a zone blitz out of the 3-4 on 3rd downs is very effective because most ppl send out at least 4-5 recieving targets in those situations and leave no one to protect the qb.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #23
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I generally start my uperclass players unless it is a crazy differance. I benched a 3rd year starter (overall 77) after an 0-3 start and put in my freshman (overall 80) final record 8-4

Awareness and speed are my two big ratings that I look at.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

I matter for what position, if it is lineman than usually who ever has the best overall but for quarterback i look for speed and what type of arm they have. awarness isn't really needed if you are actually playing the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »