Home

Regarding Sliders

This is a discussion on Regarding Sliders within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Regarding Sliders

i realize that in the 2nd patch the slider issues were fixed. but just wondering if some where along the line i missed something. were they re-affected after patch 3?

here's my deal. am in year 3 of my dynasty, and believe me things were begining to spiral down ward pretty quick. hadn't made a slider adjustment since sometime in my 1st year. anyhow this season, all of a sudden, i can't run, i can't pass, i can't stop the pass, i can't stop the run, i can't get any dline pressure.

i realize i have some speed issues on defense and such, and that perhaps i have a mediocre offense. finally i just throw in the towel, and bump up my "pass coverage" slider, 2 clicks.

this absolutely changed everything. all of a sudden my qb can't miss, my running game is just rolling, and more over my D if finally performing up to standards, and the qb pressure i am getting is just outstanding. still playing slow as they are, but able to FINALLY make some stops.

at any rate, merely just adjusting the "pass coverage" slider seems to have changed what was sure to be a failure season into what i was originally expecting.

what gives?

Long story short. Adjusting "Pass Coverage" has turned my team from below average to Excellent??

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Regarding Sliders

I just hope they add fumbles, injuries and fatigue to the sliders they currently have and DON'T implement Madden's slider system. Madden has a global number for a section of sliders out of 20 and then a subset of sliders out of 100 which is just confusing. Keep the current simple setup and just add a few more.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just hope they add fumbles, injuries and fatigue to the sliders they currently have and DON'T implement Madden's slider system. Madden has a global number for a section of sliders out of 20 and then a subset of sliders out of 100 which is just confusing. Keep the current simple setup and just add a few more.
Not the popular decision here, but i'm to the point i wish they'd implement 'My Skill' from madden.

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Not the popular decision here, but i'm to the point i wish they'd implement 'My Skill' from madden.
I don't have a problem with that even though I won't use it. But having two sets of slider numbers (one out of 20 and another out of 100) that could contradict each other is just confusing. Madden's slider system is overly complicated.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't play Madden so I don't know what their sliders are like, but for next year, I hope they increase the granularity of the sliders and allow us to have 100 settings from 1 to 100 instead of only 20 settings with increments of 5. With the current sliders, they're so powerful (which is awesome!) that there are a number of them where a setting of, say, 55 is noticeably too high while a setting of 50 is noticeably too low.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't play Madden so I don't know what their sliders are like, but for next year, I hope they increase the granularity of the sliders and allow us to have 100 settings from 1 to 100 instead of only 20 settings with increments of 5. With the current sliders, they're so powerful (which is awesome!) that there are a number of them where a setting of, say, 55 is noticeably too high while a setting of 50 is noticeably too low.
i'll go ahead and agree with you here to some degree.

Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »