Home

Does anyone else still prefer the old school method of recruiting?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else still prefer the old school method of recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Does anyone else still prefer the old school method of recruiting?

Wish they would add homecoming games so you can invite your recruits that week.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39

I prefer the old system with the use of points, except I would want the ability to target the full 35 during the season instead of 10.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I prefer the new way. Gotta have something to talk trash with my guys about during the seasons in our OD.

I do miss the scouting though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

New way. We always complain about adding elements to enhance the realism, this is one of 'em. People complained about it in College Hoops because it took too long. Oh well, recruiting is a year-round activity. If you don't want to do it, turn on the Assistance thing and watch the CPU butcher your program.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
New way. We always complain about adding elements to enhance the realism, this is one of 'em. People complained about it in College Hoops because it took too long. Oh well, recruiting is a year-round activity. If you don't want to do it, turn on the Assistance thing and watch the CPU butcher your program.
Actually, the cpu recruiting isn't so bad. I know when NCAA 08 came out and they had this new system I found it too cumbersome. So I just set my recruiting board and moved my players up and down based on my interest (that doesn't take too much time since it's basically no work during the season). I let the cpu make all the pitches, visits and everything else. My recruiting classes were still fairly decent and realistic.

With manual recruiting, you can probably have the #1 recruiting class every year with an average team. With the cpu doing it (and me selecting the players for the board), I would rank around #15. I'm not sure how the logic has changed since then but in NCAA 08 it wasn't bad.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

I definitely prefer the new way. Much more realistic. It does take a lot of time to set up the recruiting board before each season though.

How are you guys sorting through recruits?

It would be less cumbersome to look through each recruit's ability grades if they all appeared on one screen, instead of having to scroll through them. Especially when the scroll position resets when you toggle between recruits.

Also, I posted this in another thread...something that would help reduce time for me:

Quote:
I wish during recruiting we could make a "short-list" of recruits to compare them before adding them to our official recruit list.

Example: When recruiting CBs, I want to compare their Man, Zone, Press, etc ratings and choose who best fits my program.

So, I select all the top CB recruits with a green dot. Add them to my recruit list. Then go through one-by-miserable-one, taking notes, trying to compare them and removing ones I don't like. It's gets frustrating trying to keep track of each recruit and is very time-consuming. Especially when I have to keep scrolling down to view the ratings at the bottom when switching between recruits. And when my recruit list starts filling up, I can't select as many as I'd like either. Annoying.

It would be really cool if I could add those recruits to my short-list, then bring up a side-by-side comparison of their ratings all on one screen. Then, from that screen, remove guys I don't like and add the ones I do to my official 35-man recruit list. Saves a lot of time and no more pencil work.

Last edited by BigDuke; 10-23-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #15
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

This is the one of the very few areas this game has advanced over the years.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the new system it is very indepth but like the OP said it just seems to take too long and it becomes redundant. And my main focus when playing the game is seeing how many season i can get in, so i kinda slows me down. Also I did find it easy to get the #1 recruit class very often, which also made recruiting boring for me. B/c of this I started letting the cpu do my in season recruiting for me. I've found that this year if you let the cpu do it for you the cpu is very spot on with getting you the highest quality players based on your needs and wants. But the trick is to change your priorities based on position (low,medium, high) and the type of player you are looking for (speed, balanced etc.) I normally just pick the top 5 or so interested recruits in the preseason to put on my board and let the cpu have at it. But i always do the offseason recruiting myself so i can use promises and try to land sleepers that have been overlooked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »