Home

Does anyone else still prefer the old school method of recruiting?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else still prefer the old school method of recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Does anyone else still prefer the old school method of recruiting?

I know it's not "realistic", but I much prefer the old school NCAA method of recruiting at the end of the season, I wish we had an option to set it as such before starting the dynasty.

I was able to keep better track of players, know their strengths/weaknesses much more effectively when I was looking at them for 5 straight recruiting weeks, with nothing else. Now it's kind of overkill to have to do it for like 15 straight weeks during the season, while trying to simulate/play games, study other teams stats, rankings, awards, etc.

I dont have the time these days to do half this stuff.

I like the new stuff in terms of recruiting methods, but just wish it could be done at the end of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Rookie

jts20's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Does anyone else still prefer the old school method of recruiting?

The new way is more true to life and allows for prospect visits. I like the new way better but they need to find a way to keep it more organized
Old 10-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

I hated the old NCAA recruiting. Totally ruined the game.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts20
The new way is more true to life and allows for prospect visits. I like the new way better but they need to find a way to keep it more organized
maybe thats another part of what i dont like. I just seems so all over the place, thus it takes even longer
Old 10-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

At first I felt the same way but now I kind of like it. The old school way was really simple and quick - that part I did like. Setting up your initial recruiting board is what takes the longest under the current system and is a bit of a pain.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to do that but it would be cool if the NCAA team offered options to keep recruiting "simple" or "complex" depending on our tastes. They do offer the quick call method as well as cpu assistance on recruiting.

One thing they should probably give us is the option to make recruiting harder. For guys that use smaller schools and want to build them up, easier recruiting makes the game more fun. I think most gamers prefer this. But for guys that only want to play with their favourite team who is already great (like Florida, USC, etc.) the easy recruiting lets an already great team become an absolute monster. Make recruiting hard and see if you can keep these teams good.

Options baby!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm cool with this, especially since I can control the board and scholly's, letting the CPU do visits. I sim the recruiting once I get my board set and offer scholly's.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

setting up your recruiting board seems to take forever, then also, if you have upwards of the max recruits on your boards it takes at least another 15 minutes of recruiting time.

i like the aspect of the game, but generally it just seems to take to long.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

I enjoy the current way recruiting is set up. At times I wish the system was a little more in-depth. I do understand your reasoning for the work to be annoying to do in-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »