Home

I have faith in the NCAA 11 team

This is a discussion on I have faith in the NCAA 11 team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: I have faith in the NCAA 11 team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Wow, from reading the posts of Kingfish and others here I wonder how much you guys have really played NCAA 10.
I play it now and then. While the game is improved, it still has issues. The biggest issue being Ratings of the players really don't mean anything. If they did then running a Dime defense and run committing every play WOULDN'T stop I Twin TE and heavy run sets.

Another huge issue is they need to go to a physics base engine. If they are running this game on the same engine then I have no faith in this team. Well, even if they did go physics based I have no faith. When someone of intelligence thinks Season Showdown, The Commit Feature, and Gamplanning are good ideas then I have little to no faith.

Last edited by hcopenhagenh; 10-30-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #34
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Wow, from reading the posts of Kingfish and others here I wonder how much you guys have really played NCAA 10.
I have played alot and have been playing this game since NCAA98. This game has great graphics. I fell like some of the issues that NCAA09 had were fixed, like sacks and robo qb. The thing I have with the game and the more I think about it I see that it may just be me is this. I play offline dynasty only. That is the only feature I play and has been that way since 2000 I know of. For me since the 07 game on the PS3, now I play the 360 version, there has been little change to the dynasty mode. EA has tried to improve recruiting but it is way to easy for me now. I miss those pop ups about some player skipped class so what do I want to do. I miss formation subs and seeing my coach on the side line. I miss seeing the pregame stuff. With 10 they added bands on the field but for me playing as UGA I see stuff like "Victory", "Go Go Go", "NCAA 10", "EA Sports", and "USA". I attend UGA games all the time and have never seen the bands do that. I had a friend that marched and he laughed when he saw it. I know its something minor but for me it takes away from the game. I wish by now we could have a coaching merry-go-round and O & D coordinators.
If you only play single games or have not played the game year after year then this game is great. For me I feel like I have lost my passion for this series. I love college football. I study college football. I am even a High School coach so football is in my blood. But this game and Madden has sucked the football video game life out of me. I have lost my faith in the NCAA team. I feel like they have forsaken the offline dynasty players. I don't have time to do online dynasties. I fell like the team is out of touch with the gamers. We leave feed back on the game and wishlist here and on their own site but they do what they want. So that is why I have lost all faith in this team and game. Like I said it may be just me but the only way for me to have faith in this team again would be a overhaul of the dynasty mode.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah, don't get me wrong, i have a lot of issues myself with this game, it's just that peoples commenting on it seems like it's just garbage and some of the issues do seem like people have not played 10 much, if at all.

And I know what you mean about losing faith, I have lost faith too that they don't listen to us. All I want is long hair and individuality to the players but yet they just ignore it. That's just the first prime example of something that I think they ignore us on that could easily be fixed. And that is def. depressing.

I only wish that Ian who worked on Madden could come over to NCAA and work his magic. But then Madden would probably turn back into garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #36
Rookie

NikB13's Arena

OVR: 6

I too only plat offline dynasty. And i agree with the post above. i remember the old xbox days where the dynasty wasamazing. you felt like you where actually in the program. now you just feel like you repet everthing every year. nothing has really changed, and thats what bothers me. it seems like EA says they read these boards and try to put things that we say in the game. but people have been asking for new equipment (all the facemasks and hand towels and little things like that) and i never heard any of my friends or anybody in general, say "wow season showdown would be really cool to have" or for people who dont have xbox live or cant put the teambuilder teams on there xbox "really wish i could create a team and NOT use it". Im just botherd by the fact that EA hasnt made a consciencous attempt to make this game the great on it could be.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #37
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I did not buy NCAA football 10. I was not happy with NCAA 09 due to the poor presentation and because that was untouched for 10, I did not buy it. I have sent a message from myself to EA that I did not like the Direction NCAA football was headed, not buying the game was my form of protest for little to no presentation.

I was also Upset Otto The Orange (Syracuse's Mascot) did not make it in the game.

But like I said Earlier, if the presentation is Improved to a point that satisfies me, i will buy NCAA 11 no problem. Presentation has to be NCAA 11s main Focus or i forcast another down year for NCAA Football.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I did not buy NCAA football 10. I was not happy with NCAA 09 due to the poor presentation and because that was untouched for 10, I did not buy it. I have sent a message from myself to EA that I did not like the Direction NCAA football was headed, not buying the game was my form of protest for little to no presentation.

I was also Upset Otto The Orange (Syracuse's Mascot) did not make it in the game.

But like I said Earlier, if the presentation is Improved to a point that satisfies me, i will buy NCAA 11 no problem. Presentation has to be NCAA 11s main Focus or i forcast another down year for NCAA Football.
Presentation upgrades for NCAA 11 would seem to be a given. However, to simply give EA a blank cheque that you will buy if there are presentation upgrades... unless this game catches up to last gen, that's a cheque that most of us are not willing to endorse...
Old 10-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #39
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovall21
This is my theory, this year was a throwaway year they are building for next year. I know people have been saying that for a while but there is no way that season showdown was the main feature that they wanted.

They probably needed more time for mabye one or all of these features:
  • Brand new Dynasty, with espn as its main focus (college game day, sportscenter,etc)
  • Back to the basics gameplay (last gen style and features but with next gen power) formation subs, custom playbooks, espn the magazine (best feature of last gen of any game), Home field advantage with noise meter and screen shake.
  • All D1A coaches and cordinators with coaching changes and real stats and records.
  • this is a bonus and is not that big a deal if they don't do it. Make "My Shrine" the Main Menu again.
If they have one of these features that will improve the game dramatically, if anyone else has anything to add to that please do. NCAA 11 is THE YEAR to breakthrough and stop jacking off, if they keep half assing us then we have no hope for game we want. EA sports I have faith you will do the right thing. You CAN do it. WE all know you can.
I agree with your theory that this was a throwawy year simply because all of the focus was on Maden and trying to get Madden up to par again to gain consumer confidence..But in reality we all have had too mucgh faith and they bank on that...Year in and year out we stick with EA and hope for improvements but yet in the end especially with NCAA 10 it turns out to be a rather disapointing letdown..This year in particular was the first year that I just couldnt devote time and play NCAA simply because I think its terrible and a step back...between the warp speed, and the cpu ai, and the big fatigue issue(which was totally ignored)..I had to let it go....the fact that there is no fatigue takes the sim aspect out of the game for me...
Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
I have two differing opinions here.

One one hand I don't understand why you guys act is if NCAA 10 is garbage. I'm still playing it and I really enjoy it. It is pretty second hand compared to Madden, no question, but it's a fun game to play and I am, for the first time in a long time, enjoying college football on next-gen.
I hate to call you out, but in the 6 years I have been on this board there has YET to be a NCAA football game that you havent praised as the "most fun, most complete , best yet ever, etc " prior to everyone else getting the game. Before everyone has the game you praise each and every year to be the greatest football title ever, only to retract your position as soon as the rest of the community has the game. You are obviously a very valuable member to this forum here, but when it comes to anything related to NCAA football, you are the pure definition of a "homer"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »