Home

Nightmares from Run Commit

This is a discussion on Nightmares from Run Commit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Nightmares from Run Commit

It's close to halloween so i figured we'd share all of our scary stories on how RUN COMMIT has ruined this game beyond it's obvious faults and keeps us up at night.

I'll go first. Last night with 1:29 left in the 4th quarter i had the ball and a 1 score lead; my oppent had 1 timeout remaining. I ran a power O thanks to run commit my qb was tackled and stripped before he even had a chance to make the handoff. I go on to loose the game. Thanks EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Nightmares from Run Commit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
It's close to halloween so i figured we'd share all of our scary stories on how RUN COMMIT has ruined this game beyond it's obvious faults and keeps us up at night.

I'll go first. Last night with 1:29 left in the 4th quarter i had the ball and a 1 score lead; my oppent had 1 timeout remaining. I ran a power O thanks to run commit my qb was tackled and stripped before he even had a chance to make the handoff. I go on to loose the game. Thanks EA.
I personally don't see anything wrong with this. There are ways to get people that abuse the run commit feature to stop using it. If he was abusing it all game and you knew it was coming then you deserved it. If he used in situations then he made a great play call.

Although I think Run Commit is stupid, you have to play call around it when people use it. If you do then the game is easy.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Raddy's Arena

OVR: 1

I rarely, if ever, use the run commit just because if you guess wrong, you're screwed. I do have to say though, it really is the most effective method of stopping the option...assuming you guess right of course.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

I didn't even know it was in the game until a week or two ago. I used it once in a user game and got burned on a rocket out to the HB. Since then I haven't used it again. Most respectable leagues do not allow the users to use it which is good.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy
I rarely, if ever, use the run commit just because if you guess wrong, you're screwed.
Not necessarily. I've called enough toss plays to the opposite side that have been ended in the background due to the corner sprinting to the opposite side. Far more often do I lose yards when they are wrong than gain.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Raddy's Arena

OVR: 1

If I think they're going to run, I'll crash the defensive line to the strong side and just leave everything else as called. If the line is even and I think they're going to run, I'll crash the D-line to one side and blitz the outside linebacker on the other. The only time I play the run is on the goal line.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:04 AM   #7
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

I call a HB pitch from the Maryland I and he guesses left.... and I ran right and get a TD to win the game!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11

I was playing Oklahoma in my third season in a Dynasty. #15 was their quarterback, I don't remember the name. 2nd and 12 with about 3:00 to go in the game, I call run commit up the middle. I figure they are just trying to run the clock out since they were up 10. Quarterback takes 2 steps back, throws a lob pass off his back foot to the receiver on the right running a fly route. Perfect pass just over my safety and CB, hits the guy in stride, and he runs 70 yards for a touchdown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »