Home

They need to get rid of the gameplanning

This is a discussion on They need to get rid of the gameplanning within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #49
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: They need to get rid of the gameplanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaw46
People don't understand this concept. They put defensive hot routes on there. You can crash your line any direction you want. You can make your lb's all blitz with a simple linebacker audible. This stuff is all in the game, run commit is not needed. It takes away skill from the game, and i'm just not a fan.
The option is simple for you then, simply don't use it.

That's what is so great about this game, there are options for everyone. If someone likes it they can use it and if they don't then can simply use other means to try and stop the run.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
The option is simple for you then, simply don't use it.

That's what is so great about this game, there are options for everyone. If someone likes it they can use it and if they don't then can simply use other means to try and stop the run.
You have to use it online or you are screwed. GAME PLAN is a CHEESER's FRIEND. Sorry, but true.

Here is a typical cheeseball. Aggressive Big Hit, Aggressive Strip, Aggressive INT, Aggressive Pash Rush, Aggressive Big Run. None of these are risk reward. You will force at least 3 fumbles a game with the Big Hit on and another 3 with the Strip on. 99$ of these people also only play dime or quarters defense. Out of that 99% about 50% run commit every play all game long. It is pure horse crap.

People that defend Game Planning are in the minority on all NCAA based sites. The only ones that defend it don't play online or are Cheesers that play online. For an online person to justify Game Planning to be good justifies to me that 1) They Cheese 2) They aren't good without it.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #51
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
You have to use it online or you are screwed. GAME PLAN is a CHEESER's FRIEND. Sorry, but true.

Here is a typical cheeseball. Aggressive Big Hit, Aggressive Strip, Aggressive INT, Aggressive Pash Rush, Aggressive Big Run. None of these are risk reward. You will force at least 3 fumbles a game with the Big Hit on and another 3 with the Strip on. 99$ of these people also only play dime or quarters defense. Out of that 99% about 50% run commit every play all game long. It is pure horse crap.

People that defend Game Planning are in the minority on all NCAA based sites. The only ones that defend it don't play online or are Cheesers that play online. For an online person to justify Game Planning to be good justifies to me that 1) They Cheese 2) They aren't good without it.
Not that I would try to debate your argument as your tone just screams of someone that would be akin to me talking to a brick wall. That being said, I'm curious about this:

Quote:
The only ones that defend it don't play online or are Cheesers that play online
Is it your stance that those who don't play online but like gameplanning are unimportant and that gameplanning needs to be removed regardless of what they want?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Not that I would try to debate your argument as your tone just screams of someone that would be akin to me talking to a brick wall. That being said, I'm curious about this:

Is it your stance that those who don't play online but like game planning are unimportant and that game planning needs to be removed regardless of what they want?
The problem is that people that only play online are taken for granted.

I personally wish it was taken out. It does to many things to this game that aren't good.

1) Game Plan the way it is now isn't sim. 2) It negates player ratings even more. 3) User Strip, User Pick, etc. are already there.

2010 is the year EA took User Skill out of the hands of the people playing the game. Game Planning even adds more to that. I want to User Strip, I want to Big hit, I want User Pick. This is EA's way to make this game easier I guess. I don't want the AI to do it for me because I click on a button and set it to aggressive. I want it to happen because I have better skills, called better plays, and have players with better ratings.

Setting a Big Hit Button to aggressive takes absolutely NO SKILL. Why wouldn't you have it on because there is NO RISK? There is no strategy involved either. Yet I can set all my offensive Plans to protect the ball and still fumble. How is that Strategy?

I played a guy the other night in an OD ACC Championship game. He ran with G-Tech and I had Big Hits turned on. I forced 6 fumbles in the game and recovered three. What skill was that? I turned a button to yellow and the CPU did everything else for me. I felt bad after the game too. Even apologized.

When I play online I want to fell like if I get beat, my opponent was better than me. When I win I want to feel like I am better than my opponent. With Game Planning the CPU has to much to do with predicting the outcome of the game. I don't always feel like it comes down to skills and play calling. In fact, most of the time it doesn't.

If anything give an option to turn this feature off and take it out of online games. As of now, any 10 year can click a couple of buttons to yellow and be good at this game.

Last edited by hcopenhagenh; 11-06-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #53
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
If anything give an option to turn this feature off and take it out of online games.
I think this is the key right here. It seems like there's a lot of stuff that's either in the game and hurts online players, or isn't in the game because of online players and its absence hurts offline players (IE. formation subs and customizable playbooks). I think they should have a way to separate some of these things between online and offline games.

Also, you've said a couple of times that a lot of the gameplanning stuff is all reward and no risk. I think this is seen through the eyes of an online player who plays with default sliders (and I think that sliders should be usable in online games too). In my experience in offline games, almost all of the gameplanning features are risk/reward settings. Aggressive JTS is the only one that I've seen with no risk (against the CPU).

If you always have aggressive big hits on, you'll miss key tackles that'll hurt you. In one of my ODs they use a modified version of Playmaker's varsity slides which has a really low user tackle slider. In that OD, I have to have conservative big hits on the entire game or else my guys can't tackle for sh*t.

I've seen my guys getting burned if I use aggressive interceptions too much. I won't even touch aggressive big run because I fumble way too much. Same goes for aggressive stripping as I get hit for way, way too many facemasks if I have that on.

In online games, where you're using default sliders, maybe there isn't risk (I don't know as I don't play ranked games any more and all of my ODs have banned aggressive gameplanning, despite the fact that I like it) but in my offline dynasties, there is definitely a risk to most of the settings and therefore I can only use them in certain situations, which I absolutely love as it adds nice strategy to the games.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I think this is the key right here. It seems like there's a lot of stuff that's either in the game and hurts online players, or isn't in the game because of online players and its absence hurts offline players (IE. formation subs and customizable playbooks). I think they should have a way to separate some of these things between online and offline games.

Also, you've said a couple of times that a lot of the gameplanning stuff is all reward and no risk. I think this is seen through the eyes of an online player who plays with default sliders (and I think that sliders should be usable in online games too). In my experience in offline games, almost all of the gameplanning features are risk/reward settings. Aggressive JTS is the only one that I've seen with no risk (against the CPU).

If you always have aggressive big hits on, you'll miss key tackles that'll hurt you. In one of my ODs they use a modified version of Playmaker's varsity slides which has a really low user tackle slider. In that OD, I have to have conservative big hits on the entire game or else my guys can't tackle for sh*t.

I've seen my guys getting burned if I use aggressive interceptions too much. I won't even touch aggressive big run because I fumble way too much. Same goes for aggressive stripping as I get hit for way, way too many facemasks if I have that on.

In online games, where you're using default sliders, maybe there isn't risk (I don't know as I don't play ranked games any more and all of my ODs have banned aggressive gameplanning, despite the fact that I like it) but in my offline dynasties, there is definitely a risk to most of the settings and therefore I can only use them in certain situations, which I absolutely love as it adds nice strategy to the games.

See, and that's the thing with online, there is risk. When you put zone defenses on aggressive, the deep middle of the field is wide open. When strip ball is on yellow, we know what happens. If d-line is aggressive, other online players can fake hike it, and get you offsides many times. Tackles on aggressive causes big hits, but also missed tackles. People don't noticed missed tackles by the compuer as being directly related to big hits being on, but they are.

This is the problem with these kind of discussions. I'm an online player that cannot avoid run commit. I have no choice, because I can't message people before a game, and say, hey guy, can you not use run commit? Offline players don't even think of that, and say "well just don't do it then!". It's different for anyone.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:

But as an online player I advocate Customizable Play Books. A cheeser is going to cheese regardless. They are going to have 2-3 of the same plays they run all game. A customizable PB won't make it any worse.

I disagree with Knaw. There is no risk to setting everything to aggressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

How do you not agree? You don't notice the 20 facemask penalties a game when strip ball is on aggressive? Never notice how far the defenders come up when zone defense is on yelllow, and how the deep middle of the field is WIDE open?

Some of this stuff people don't see. I played LSU the other day and started off with big hits on agressive, along with intercept/swat, and the rest on normal. I was getting carved up by Scott, with broken tackle after broken tackle. Once I set it to conservative later in the 2nd half he stopped breaking so many tackles, and I ended up winning.

I think the thing is it confuses people when things are on aggressive and they don't know how to beat it. People that are good at user catching and deep fly routes often do well against people who bring their zones up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »