Home

They need to get rid of the gameplanning

This is a discussion on They need to get rid of the gameplanning within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
They need to get rid of the gameplanning

Going into NCAA 10 i thought it was a pointless idea, then after playing the game i thought it was a terrible idea. I typically don't play online so it was never a problem because i just kept everything on normal but i played online the other day against someone i know and it was ridiculous. It was obvious we both had strip ball on aggressive because there was like 8 fumbles in the game, plus i got 4 facemask penalties. I stopped him inside his own 10, he goes for a fake punt and i stop it at the 5, get a facemask penalty (luckly he threw a pick 6 the next play).

Later on, i hit his QB coming off the edge with my DE, he fumbles, his OL recovers it, i strip the ball, i recover and start running, i fumble, he recovers. 3 fumbles on 1 play, he gets the ball back 1st and 10.

Its just really stupid how much those gameplan things affect the game where it be via turnover or penalties.

They need to just get rid of it because it was a dumb idea. If they want, try a NBA 2k approach when you call timeouts and pick an area to emphasize during the timeout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

bmore7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: They need to get rid of the gameplanning

I agree, its nothing but cheeser. The "strip ball" is only good for penalties when i do it (dynasty), but gold for the opponent im playing (user). i would like to see it on time-outs as you said. Just for fun, i put my facemask penalty on "0" and turned the strip ball to aggressive and still got plenty of facemask calls during the game. NICE.....
Old 10-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Firstly, if you go conservative on running, he can't strip the ball, even with it on aggressive. If he's aggressively stripping and you're conservatively running, then he'll never strip the ball (but you can still fumble from big hits, which is not governed by aggressive stripping), but he'll be called for lots of facemasks.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you went aggressive on stripping or if it was only him. Facemasks are only called on the team that's aggressively stripping. If you had facemasks called against you, take off aggressive stripping. If you didn't have that aggressive, then it's just bad luck. Your facemask penalties (against you) had nothing to do with your opponent's aggressive setting on stripping.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Firstly, if you go conservative on running, he can't strip the ball, even with it on aggressive. If he's aggressively stripping and you're conservatively running, then he'll never strip the ball (but you can still fumble from big hits, which is not governed by aggressive stripping), but he'll be called for lots of facemasks.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you went aggressive on stripping or if it was only him. Facemasks are only called on the team that's aggressively stripping. If you had facemasks called against you, take off aggressive stripping. If you didn't have that aggressive, then it's just bad luck. Your facemask penalties (against you) had nothing to do with your opponent's aggressive setting on stripping.
1st, you dont need to explain how the feature works, i'm not a moron. I know how the feature works, the point i'm making is that the feature is ridiculously stupid because of how overdone it is.

2nd, he had his on aggressive as well, there were a ton of fumbles on both sides. 3 on 1 single play. You can tell when players get bunched up or are doing the tackle annimation, if they have the strip ball thing on aggressive because of how the defender will try to tackle (he tries to rip the ball out). Not to mention i talked to him the next day (since i knew who it was) and we talked about how we both had aggressive strip ball because we were laughing at how many fumbles and facemask penalties there were in the game.

The feature is stupid and was poorly done. EA needs to get rid of it.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I apologize if there was any confusion. I wasn't trying to imply that you were a moron in any way (and I'm not even really sure how you inferred that from what I wrote). My point was that aggressive stripping is counterable and if you don't want to fumble because of it, you won't.

I understood that your opponent had aggressive stripping on, I just didn't know if you did as well. If your complaint was that he forced you to fumble too much, turn on conservative running and he won't get any fumbles. If your complaint was that you had too many facemasks, turn off aggressive stripping.

The gameplanning features are certainly overdone, but I like tham and hope they only tweak them and keep them in the game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I apologize if there was any confusion. I wasn't trying to imply that you were a moron in any way (and I'm not even really sure how you inferred that from what I wrote). My point was that aggressive stripping is counterable and if you don't want to fumble because of it, you won't.

I understood that your opponent had aggressive stripping on, I just didn't know if you did as well. If your complaint was that he forced you to fumble too much, turn on conservative running and he won't get any fumbles. If your complaint was that you had too many facemasks, turn off aggressive stripping.

The gameplanning features are certainly overdone, but I like tham and hope they only tweak them and keep them in the game.
and i dont think you're understanding. I know how to counter the aggressive stuff, i'm saying that having that stuff in there was a terrible idea that was executed even worse.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Yeah 09 was ok with adjusting on timeouts. But 10 is stupid! I cant believe they wasted time on this, commit plays, and team builder. Yet they thought things like correct unies and physics wasnt important enough to make the cut. This development team is making terrible decisions!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I've got no problems with the gameplanning. In fact, its become something that I rely on, especially on defense. In obvious passing downs, I love being able to instruct my D-line to pin their ears back and go after the QB, or to tell my secondary to play soft zone and not get beat deep.

Don't really use it offensively though.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »