Home

Anyone here have any offline franchise they play?

This is a discussion on Anyone here have any offline franchise they play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone here have any offline franchise they play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjensen366
I am in my 2015 season with Texas a&m lol on heisman, my record is currently 79-7 with 3 big 12 championships, and 2 NC's. I dont turn off my system when i am losing a game, Texas Tech has beat me 3 times, Arkansas has beat me once, oklahoma has beat me twice and UT has beat me once hahaa. At least i made them good in the game haha.
pretty sure you do restart lol
Old 11-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #34
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Oh nooooooooooo....#3 Virginia Tech falls to un-ranked Clemson in the ACC championship in double overtime, 42-35. I had my own fate in my hands, had I won the game, I would be playing the Gators in the National Championship, but late in the game, their defense completely shut me out, and I couldn't capitilze on 3 different drives in their redzone, turning the ball over each time, going into OT. I scored quickly first in OT, then they scored easily as well. They get ball, score on first play from scrimmage to go up 42-35. I get the ball, run it 3 times, stopped, it was 4th and 2, I put on an option to ryan williams (darren evans went down in 3rd for the game) and I get nailed, Tried to pitch the ball to a wide open ryan williams to get the first, but he would not let the ball go, and I went down HARD from a thundering hit by the OLB, and I come up 1 yard short to Clemson, losing the ACC Championship after an awesome year, it was a hard loss to stomach. Now, I am ranked #11 and playing Auburn in the Chic-Fil-a bowl. Such a disheartening end to the season, and sending the seniors out on a sour note. However, I will try to bounce back and take Auburn out in this bowl game, send the seniors out victorious. Oregon is playing Florida Gators for the National Championship. Central Michigan ended up ranked #4, what a great season for them!
Played Auburn in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl (before the game, the announcers said the cow's have landed on the field, now its time to get the game started, MAN this would add college atmosphere and excitement if they actually showed stuff like this). Anyways, I ended up winning a hard fought game, 41-27. Central Michigan won their bowl game and ended up #4 in the nation, but I find it weird as I just finished recruiting and the offseason, I play CMU first game of the season with Tech and they are not even ranked. Must have lost alot of seniors. I know LeFevour or whatever his name left, he finished 3rd in the heisman list, behind Darren Evans my HB at 2nd, and we both got beat out by Tim TeBow. Darren Evans, Shaun Hill, and Tyrod Taylor all left early for the draft and could not be talked out of it, should be interesting filling their spots. Oregon got destroyed in the National Championship against Florida, 38-9. I have oregon 2nd game of the season, they are ranked #4, I am ranked #9, should be a good one!

In the offseason, I picked up a few good players. I got an offensive tackle to replace Ed Wang that is 6'8 309 lbs, and had a 78 rating off the bat. Needless to say, he is starting as a true freshman. I also got a Tight End that is 6'6 246 and I have him as 2nd string full back. Picked up a few good receivers and db's. One of my gem pick ups was a JUCO DT transfer that is a Junior, he is 6'7 296 lbs, he is a MONSTER. I am excited to see how he turns out. I got another JUCO DT transfer that is backing him up that came in and he is 6'6 274 lbs, so I have some good size on the d-line this year. I had to pick up a scrub kicker and punter, but come to find out, the 2 star punter has 85 KPW, so I placed him as my field goal kicker and my punter, with the kicker handling the kickoffs. Logan Thomas from Brookville, VA is gonna be starting this year to replace tyrod, he is 6'6 230ish lbs, playmaker ability with 80 speed and 90's ACC. he is a 77 overall i believe. Ryan Williams is stepping in to replace Darren Evans this year, he had a good year backin him up last season, as he was named to 2nd team pre-season all ACC team. I will keep everyone posted on the new season, I have an A- strength of schedule, should be a tough one! CMU first game, AT Oregon #4 2nd game, home against GT #20...hell of a start.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #35
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Just finished year 4, winning the Fiesta Bowl against Texas 28-21. Year 5 looks tough, with a freshman quarterback, but I am loaded at running back. Might go to the flexbone since my quarterback is pretty fast and pretty inaccurate. Through 4 years, I am 45-8 with 2 SEC Championships, 3 Bowl wins (all BCS bowls), 2 National Titles, and 1 heisman winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #36
MVP

MillardMavs's Arena

OVR: 24

I am on 2009, but here is my offline dynasty.

I am Northern Illinois. In week 8 of season 3. I have won 38 games, and lost 3. I have gone into OT a couple of times, and had tons of blowouts.

Check it out by clicking the link in my signature
Old 11-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 11

I just started 5th year with my TeamBuilder team (started as 1* cupcake team in Indiana, put myself in the Mac). This year is going to be tough, I lost all 5 starters on the OL, 3 DL starters, and all 3 starting LBs.

I still don't understand switching conferences. I am a 5* team, have won the Mac championship 4 years in a row, but no Big Ten invitation.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #38
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I play CMU first game of the season with Tech and they are not even ranked. Must have lost alot of seniors. I know LeFevour or whatever his name left, he finished 3rd in the heisman list, behind Darren Evans my HB at 2nd, and we both got beat out by Tim TeBow. Darren Evans, Shaun Hill, and Tyrod Taylor all left early for the draft and could not be talked out of it, should be interesting filling their spots. Oregon got destroyed in the National Championship against Florida, 38-9. I have oregon 2nd game of the season, they are ranked #4, I am ranked #9, should be a good one!

In the offseason, I picked up a few good players. I got an offensive tackle to replace Ed Wang that is 6'8 309 lbs, and had a 78 rating off the bat. Needless to say, he is starting as a true freshman. I also got a Tight End that is 6'6 246 and I have him as 2nd string full back. Picked up a few good receivers and db's. One of my gem pick ups was a JUCO DT transfer that is a Junior, he is 6'7 296 lbs, he is a MONSTER. I am excited to see how he turns out. I got another JUCO DT transfer that is backing him up that came in and he is 6'6 274 lbs, so I have some good size on the d-line this year. I had to pick up a scrub kicker and punter, but come to find out, the 2 star punter has 85 KPW, so I placed him as my field goal kicker and my punter, with the kicker handling the kickoffs. Logan Thomas from Brookville, VA is gonna be starting this year to replace tyrod, he is 6'6 230ish lbs, playmaker ability with 80 speed and 90's ACC. he is a 77 overall i believe. Ryan Williams is stepping in to replace Darren Evans this year, he had a good year backin him up last season, as he was named to 2nd team pre-season all ACC team. I will keep everyone posted on the new season, I have an A- strength of schedule, should be a tough one! CMU first game, AT Oregon #4 2nd game, home against GT #20...hell of a start.
Updated on my Dynasty thus far going into week 3 of the season. I started out in one HELL of a defensive game against Central Michigan, I traveled there and LeFevour left for the draft, so their backup quarterback had to step up. he played well, but no comparison to Dan. Anyways, get this...8 minute quarters, and a team that averaged over 40 pts a game last season (me, VA Tech), and at half time, the score was Virginia Tech 2, CMU 0. Yes, a soccer game if you will. UNBELIEVEABLE how much defense the game was, it was incredible. It was raining and slippery, so players were falling, receivers dropping balls, int's, fumbles, etc. It was Logan Thomas' first start, and he started out shaky, throwing 2 picks in the first half. The 2 points come on an all out blitz on the 7 yard line out of desparation and 3 guys was in the qb's face as he went down hard in the endzone for the safety, just a few minutes before half. 2nd half was a different ball game and I end up stringing together some big plays and winning field position battles, and I won the game 34-17. Only reason the last td was scored was on a interception late in the 4th with around 3 minutes left when they was trying to score, and I picked it off ran all the way down the field but dove to the ground to keep from scoring so I could run the clock down, but on the first play, i run it up the gut for 27 yards for a touchdown and go up 34-17.

I moved up to #8 after the win against CMU, but no time to relax as I was on a road trip to Eugene, OR to face the Ducks, whom were ranked #3 and were picked by both Corso and Herbstreit to take the victory. As extreme underdogs, we open the game with an 89 yard kick return touchdown by Dorrell Roberts up the left sideline. In the first 2 minutes and 40 seconds, 21 points was scored between us, as I scored after holding them 3 and out and getting a huge option for 69 yards to Ryan Williams to go up 14-0. On the ensuing drive, I hold them 3 and out again, get the ball back, and on 3rd and long, I hit my tight end on a huge gain, but he is absolutely WRECKED by the strong safety and fumbles the ball which is then picked up and ran back for a touchdown. 14-7 with 5:20ish left in the 1st quarter. But the score remained this way until late in the 2nd, as Oregon's freshman kicker was rattled and missed not 1, not 2, but 3 field goals and I take advantage of the momentum and score on a field goal and a touchdown before time expires in the half, 24-7. They come out firing and on 3rd and short, run 5 wr set with all stops, I have cover 3 press, but cant get any pressure, qb runs around and their far receiver to the right took off down the sideline as my safety bailed over top on the slot receiver and he hit the receiver down the sideline for a 68 yard touchdown pass, 24-14. After this, defense came up big in 3rd quarter, on both sides as neither one of us scored again. 4th quarter rolls around, and I score a td early, 31-14. Next drive, they have the ball drive down to my 26, defense swells up and forced to kick a field goal, and AGAIN the kicker chokes, and misses a 4th field goal. I get the ball, run it 12 times for 67 yards in 5 minutes and score a touchdown with oglesby, only leaving 2 minutes and some change on the clock. They drive down to my goaline line, and my defense comes up strong on 1st and 2nd down from the 2. On 3rd down, I break through and CREAM mazioli (or however you spell their quarterback's name) as he is throwing it and the ball is caught in the endzone, but carmichael rocks the receiver in the air to force an incompletion, and Mazioli is taken out of the game, backup comes in and I then hit him on 4th down from the 2 as he throws it. Ball goes up, their receiver jumps, catches it, is hit in the air, ball is dropped, hits a defenders helmet, then is caught again, and then is smacked by a linebacker, ball flies again and a few people dive to catch it for an interception, but it falls incomplete. INSANE Play! I get the ball with around a minute left, run it a few times, and run the clock out game over, 38-14 against #3 Oregon. After this week, #2 Penn State fell and I moved up to #4 in the Polls.

GET THIS...week 1, Florida Gators who beat Oregon big in the National Championship...lost to Miami (OH) 30-9 to start the season and they dropped all the way to #15, UNBELIEVABLE! This is going to be a wild season. What is awesome, I lost alot of my playmakers due to the draft and/or being seniors, Tyrod and Evans left, 2 of my o-line left, and a few defensive players left. So i am patching holes with true or redshirt freshmen. First game, Logan Thomas was real shaky, only racking up 155 yards, 1 td, and 2 int's. But, against Oregon, he started getting a rythym and I racked up 289 yards, 3 tds, 1 int, but I was sacked 7 times. I can feel the team starting to mesh together, and they are going to have to, because my next game is against #14 ACC opponent Georgia Tech with that option offense. I beat them on the last second from the goaline last season after a sack in the backfield on 4th down to seal the deal, they are going to be out for retribution! Updates coming soon!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #39
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Alright, I just found out about the dynasty forum on here, so if people want to continue following my dynasty, check this thread for updates. I have all posts combined.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...isfortune.html

Old 11-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I don't have the time nor the desire to play online, so I only play offline dynasty. For some reason I can't get into this years game. I love college football, heck I love football period. This has been the first year (playing since 98) that I have not been able to get into the game. I think maybe the lack of any new additions to the dynasty mode since the switch to next gen in 07 has something to do with it. I hope to pick the game back up and maybe I will try some new slider. I have used the same ones for years now. Offline is the way to play.
That's funny. I am in the same exact situation as you, that I only play offline and that I just can't get into this year's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »