Home

The NCAA F-U Game

This is a discussion on The NCAA F-U Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #25
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The NCAA F-U Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
What team are you using and what conference you are in makes a big difference. If you are a B overall playing a team like Florida Robo CPU is hard to overcome. It is complete BS the F-U Game happens all too frequently. I can take a loss, but when the only blocked FG I have ever had comes at the end of the game to win it, it is crazy. That is after Florida overcoming a 21 point deficit by returning a kick for a TD, a fumble for a TD (hold on to the ball gameplan was in play here and still fumbled), and a punt for a TD in the last 3 minutes of a game. Garbage.
Did you watch Tennessee / Alabama or Iowa / Northern Iowa? Both had 2 blocked kicks late in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #26
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I play as Louisville in the Big East. I've played big time teams in my dynasty, but again, never felt as though any loss was due to the cpu cheating.
Me neither. Ive earned and deserved every loss I got against the cpu lol. Can I explain how my Buffalo Bulls can beat Pitt, but then the next week lose by 2o to Temple? nooope. But I like it...I can actually get beat, and IMO, fair and square. Do I wanna lose? hell nah!

Anyway here's what I'm thinking after reading a couple of these threads. Theres a few out there that don't understand its a video game. But now they've gotten the game to be able to beat you, and its always "The CPU Cheats", "Robo-QB", "Comeback Code", or "The F-U Game"...I do like the last one tho, that was a nice touch lol.

Either way, all this says to me tho, is if you manage to go undefeated, you should feel more proud of yourself. I have yet to do that...I like this game, are there things they can do better for next year? Sure.

Just have fun with the game, if it makes your blood boil turn it off, it's time for a break. Switch games, go kick someones face in in UFC or SvR...come back to football later.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 10-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
Me neither. Ive earned and deserved every loss I got against the cpu lol. Can I explain how my Buffalo Bulls can beat Pitt, but then the next week lose by 2o to Temple? nooope. But I like it...I can actually get beat, and IMO, fair and square. Do I wanna lose? hell nah!

Anyway here's what I'm thinking after reading a couple of these threads. Theres a few out there that don't understand its a video game. But now they've gotten the game to be able to beat you, and its always "The CPU Cheats", "Robo-QB", "Comeback Code", or "The F-U Game"...I do like the last one tho, that was a nice touch lol.

Either way, all this says to me tho, is if you manage to go undefeated, you should feel more proud of yourself. I have yet to do that...I like this game, are there things they can do better for next year? Sure.

Just have fun with the game, if it makes your blood boil turn it off, it's time for a break. Switch games, go kick someones face in in UFC or SvR...come back to football later.
I love the advice at the end. And whats funny, is I've done just that, most recently the other night. Lost a game to Rutgers in which I allowed 13 4th quarter points with under 7 minutes to go and was furious.

So, I saved the game and all, popped in SVR '10...chose a Extreme Rules Match, and released my frustrations...lol

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #28
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

It's funny how people accuse the CPU of cheating whenever things don't go the way they want. Ask Baylor's coach if he's experienced any "F-U" games this year, etc. Sometimes no matter how you prepare nothing seems to go right. Why shouldn't that be in a video game if it happens in real life? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe in the loading screen you see a screen where the CPU is talking pre-game trash and then you get in game and notice all the CPU players' ratings are maxed while yours are zeroed out. To make matters worse the CPU also has mutant abilities.
For real though, these threads are way beyond old. No issues are brought up and it just comes across as an excuse for not winning. Hint: If you don't want a challenge play on Varsity or even Beginner.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
It's funny how people accuse the CPU of cheating whenever things don't go the way they want. Ask Baylor's coach if he's experienced any "F-U" games this year, etc. Sometimes no matter how you prepare nothing seems to go right. Why shouldn't that be in a video game if it happens in real life? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe in the loading screen you see a screen where the CPU is talking pre-game trash and then you get in game and notice all the CPU players' ratings are maxed while yours are zeroed out. To make matters worse the CPU also has mutant abilities.
For real though, these threads are way beyond old. No issues are brought up and it just comes across as an excuse for not winning. Hint: If you don't want a challenge play on Varsity or even Beginner.
I said initially that it's not losing that I don't like. It's not upsets. I don't mind being an A+ team and losing to a C team. It happens. I'm not talking about losing. I'm not making excuses for losing. I'm not talking about a powerhouse team beating a mid range team.

What I'm saying is that there are occasional instances where the outcome of the game seems pre-determined, because certain bizarre things happen. Such as....

Like when your best WR drops several passes in one quarter or drive, after averaging maybe a drop every couple of games.

Or when you're in a shoot-out with a team, and their linebackers slide several yards across the field and the ball sucks into their hands. And this happens like 4 times in one quarter.

Or when their fullback breaks seven tackles on one play from their own nine-yard line and goes 91 yards for a touchdown.

It's not just losing. Yes, I hate to lose... but if I was a struggling team that went 0-12, I'd be fine with that if it's a fair game. But sometimes losses clearly aren't fair. Maybe I'm inventing the F-U game, and it's just ridiculous stat abnormalities that happen in one game. Maybe others are okay with a WR dropping six passes on one critical drive in the 4th quarter after not dropping a pass all season. Or maybe it just doesn't happen to others. I don't know. But all of my friends who play NCAA mention the same thing.

I apologize if threads like these are getting old. Like I said in the OP, I'm new here, so I hadn't seen any. And I apologized in advance. I was just curious to see what kind of scale this happened on. Apparently there are a few who don't think this kind of thing happens. But there are also some who think it does. And it's that latter group that I wanted to see if they existed. And they do. So I'm happy. Maybe I'm crazy, but at least I'm not the only one.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Already have and as I said, I don't feel as though I lost due to the cpu cheating. Hell, I even beat Boise State in one my seasons and they were an A+ on offense and an A overall.
I'll be honest... and I am not insulting you... There is no changing your mind. You are an EA fan boy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #31
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
As neags said, there is a huge difference between losing a game and the issue being discussed here.

I personally love the fact that games are challenges now (I have 2 OD's, one with varsity sliders one with AA), and that I can lose any given game. Makes the game loads more fun.

But then there are the games the OP is talking about, where it seems the CPU goes wack and does everything imaginable to make sure you lose. Whether that be the "robo" QB, the RB break every tackle, the fumble-itis, etc.

Again, this is not a usual occurence. I've had it happen maybe twice per year. The OP mentioned a FB breaking 7 tackles and going 91 yards....some may say "well that could happen". Sure it could, but having it happen multiple times in one game is a joke.

My least favorite though is the fumbles. I understand that the CPU can go aggressive strip and cause fumbles, and if they were actually stripping I wouldn't have a problem. But when my senior RB has great awareness and carry, and I have the running on conservative, and I am manually holding the right bumper to protect the ball, and there is no strip motion just a normal tackle, and he STILL coughs it up multiple times, in the redzone, it become problematic. At that point I usually replace the RB/WR/whoever it is that is fumbling. Doesn't help.

Another note on broken tackles. I play with a defense-first mentality, specifcally stopping the run. I always have a top-tier D, and get through most games allowing very few rushing yards, even to guys like Spiller, Dwyer, etc. Then occasionally some average running back breaks 15 tackles in the game and goes for 200+? C'mon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
I'll be honest... and I am not insulting you... There is no changing your mind. You are an EA fan boy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Why would my mind have to be changed? Did I ever come out and say you guys are wrong for seeing what you are seeing? Nope...just added in my experience.

I've lost games in some of the manners that have been discussed here. The only difference is that I don't feel as though its the cpu cheating. I can look back, and think about what I should've done in place of what I did. And alot of times I'll realize that there are things that I could've, should've done differently to maybe get back in the game, win the game, or whatever the case may be.

But hey, I'm just an EA fanboy who's opinions are obviously skewed simply because I disagree with something you feel is a fact.

Take care, and don't worry, I'm not insulted. I've been called worse by better, and its not the first time I've been labeled an EA fanboy, and it most certainly won't be the last.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-30-2009 at 05:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »