Home

NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:( within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2003, 09:58 PM   #17
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

The bad thing about everybody acting all concerned about goal post celebrations is the hypocrisy. After we beat Florida at Ole Miss, this year, people got maced and beaten by the security guards.

Then they sell pieces of the goal posts to rich alumni.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:09 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 7

Exactly, that's the same reason that in WSB 2K3 you only get a scene of the batter starting to charge the mound and then it cuts to the new pitcher selection screen. The leagues are afraid it would make them look bad to promote violence and looting in videogames. Sadly, this is one of the great traditions of college football that adds to the atmoshpere and makes college football as a whole a lot more special and passionate than the pro game.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:25 PM   #19
A70M3

OVR:

Big deal. The goal posts won't be coming down this year. Cry me a river. :\

Old 06-13-2003, 10:34 PM   #20
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Big deal. The goal posts won't be coming down this year. Cry me a river. :\

the thing is as we find out more and more isn't in the game it turns out they only did add the EA Bio and SI covers. What a crock, but I'll still buy it.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:42 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 14

As stated, the NCAA made them remove it from the game. Now, EA could please all of the goalpost fiends and keep it in the game.....only we'll then have to go back to the days of Bill Walsh football where Notre Dame is known as South Bend and Florida St. is Tallahassee. But that should be ok, after all, you'll still get to rip down goalposts every now and then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2003, 10:51 PM   #22
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

As stated, the NCAA made them remove it from the game. Now, EA could please all of the goalpost fiends and keep it in the game.....only we'll then have to go back to the days of Bill Walsh football where Notre Dame is known as South Bend and Florida St. is Tallahassee. But that should be ok, after all, you'll still get to rip down goalposts every now and then.

lol
Old 06-13-2003, 11:10 PM   #23
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

Am I the only one who really doesnt care about EA nixing the goal post crud?

Its like a 10 second spot you might see once in 25 games. And if you see it any more than that, then it becomes silly and repetitive, something you just mash the "x" button when it pops up to get through it.

Maybe now itll let EA put more time into other things, like gameplay animation or better tackling or something.

Ive taken part in some of those post game destruction orgys-one when Tennessee beat UF in '98, and another when LSU beat TN in 2000 (i just kinda got swept away in the throng).

It used to be a pretty neat , but now everyone is ripping down the goalposts. Were starting to see games where the favorite win, and people rip down the goalposts. What the heck is up with that? Not to mention police gassing and beating people senseless.

We dont need more of this, we need less. Im actually glad EA took it out.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:25 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 5

Although I am disappointed that EA took the goalposts out, I am worried about why the gave the game 8.5 and 8.7, those are rather weak scores for such a high anitcipated game (worse than last years score) could the game not be as good as expected or something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »