Home

Recruiting Question

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Recruiting Question

Playing as small teams such as me, i'm using Iowa State, how do you get top recruits at small teams. What is an easy way to raise interest.

Last edited by sammcculloch; 11-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Recruiting Question

Make sure you spend at least an hour with the recruit each week.

My little scheme is to offer the recruit a scholarship the first week they are on my board. If they move up in interest, I then recruit for an hour a week until I sign, or until it looks like I am losing them. Then as I sign or lose recruits, I offer more and more scholarships out. If a recruit's interest does not move into the Top 10, I leave them on my board until they are down to their top 5 schools. Then I remove them.

I am a 3 star team in the MAC (in my 3rd year). I have recruited 3 5*, 4 4*, 2 3* so far through week 9. I also am #1 on 4 more recruits, #2 on 5 more.

In my 2nd year, I recruited a 92 OVR DT who is tearing it up!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Banned

oregon232's Arena

OVR: 0

I usally promise them No Redshirt, Decent playing time, and All- American if I am weak at the positiont they play. I just got a 5* RB to committ to me and I am Nevada
Old 11-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

Promises at the end of the season are deal breakers. If you make a good promise, no redshirt, all-american your more than likely going to get him.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Another way is in about week 4 or 5 do a prospect search for all the 4 and 5 stars that still have 10 schools left on their list. These are players that no one is really going after. There's usually just a couple 5 stars, and about 10-15 4 stars. Add them to the list, offer them a scholarship and go after them hard and heavy for a few weeks. Chances are you'll start moving up their list. Some don't though. I had a 5* OLB that I recruited all the way through the end of season recruiting, made promises and everything and never got on his list, nor did any other team rise (which is why I kept after him). At the end, he just chose Penn State, who had been #1 on his list the whole time, but was only half bar full till the very end.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »