Home

ncaa 2004 Impression

This is a discussion on ncaa 2004 Impression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2003, 08:36 PM   #9
MVP

soxboy7's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ncaa 2004 Impression

Quote:

personally, i would still chuck out 50 bucks for 2004 if they just updated the rosters. I gotta have my college football fix. i think the dynasty improvements especially the SI covers are reason enough to get 2004.

That's exactly how I feel. That's not to say that I don't like the new things they put in the game.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:36 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

personally, i would still chuck out 50 bucks for 2004 if they just updated the rosters.

Oh, that's right. You would pay to see #23 replaced by #34? I think it's plum stupid that the commentators say "and #8 passes to #5". It's an ugly dilemma that makers of college sports games are faced with.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:53 PM   #11
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Quote:

personally, i would still chuck out 50 bucks for 2004 if they just updated the rosters.

Oh, that's right. You would pay to see #23 replaced by #34? I think it's plum stupid that the commentators say "and #8 passes to #5". It's an ugly dilemma that makers of college sports games are faced with.

get a sharkport or action replay.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2003, 01:16 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

who doesn't play with names? I don't know anyone... do you?
Old 06-15-2003, 01:20 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

Quote:

personally, i would still chuck out 50 bucks for 2004 if they just updated the rosters. I gotta have my college football fix. i think the dynasty improvements especially the SI covers are reason enough to get 2004.

That's exactly how I feel. That's not to say that I don't like the new things they put in the game.

I would agree with both of you if there weren't so many other football games out there. I know were talking mostly pro, and I like the college atmosphere too, but let's see some dramatic innovations and improvements in gameplay.
Old 06-15-2003, 01:47 AM   #14
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

The SI covers are a nice addition, as are the user controlled celebrations and the cannons firing/what-not. BUT----the things I personally wanted such as an in game save, more eye candy such as gang tackles, and a deeper player editor (for editing physiques and classification so they don't all look like fitness models out there) have apparently not been added. In NCAA 2003 the gameplay was there, the atmosphere was there, the commentary was there.......this game seems like a roster update to me. Sorry, but unless I hear some extraordinary or surprising things about 2004...I'm just gonna keep playing 2003 and wait until August.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:21 AM   #15
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

i dont think people are giving this SI cover thing enough credit. this is huge revoluionary idea. i mean the stories the in the mag will talk about actual things that happened in the game, and the cover photo is something that really happened in a game. thats pretty sweet, it makes the game so much mor realistic.
I think the first time i see one of my players on the cover, i am going to wet myself. The most important things to me are things like the SI covers and things that enhance the dynasty and recruiting.

My major complaint though is that the graphics dont look a whole lot different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2003, 03:38 AM   #16
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

why mess with near-perfection. last year's game was 10 times better than 2002, and 2002 was damn good. 2003 was just about perfect, why does ea need to tweak that. all we ask for is little things like run/pass ratio and no more robo qb among other minor tidbits, and from what luhr is saying, they listened and fixed most all of that stuff, and 2004 will probly be 10 times better than 2003. i know one thing, they aint gonna see me at work on the 15th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »