Home

What's the proper way to kick FG's?

This is a discussion on What's the proper way to kick FG's? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 AM   #1
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
What's the proper way to kick FG's?

I did a search on this and couldn't find what I was looking for. I did notice a complaint about FG's being too easy but I'm not having that problem at all. In fact I find kicking them to be really hard. I am missing extra points even, I must be doing something wrong.

Do you let the bar fill all the way up or do you stop at the accuracy line? (I'm assuming that's what the \ is for)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What's the proper way to kick FG's?

Im not sure how to help you, I think the kicking is easy but (/) is for accuracy and if its not lined up good it will shank your kick. Only thing i can see is your playing with a horrendous kicker. Or your joystick is broke, one of my xbox controllers i thought was fine but when i went to do kicks it showed me that my analog stick is broken.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not in front of my game so I'm only going off of recollection. Kicking is so easy to me that I don't even think when doing it so I might be off in some of the details.

Before the kick, point the giant arrow to the middle of the goal post (or not depending on cross winds) using your left stick. When you do this, you'll notice that the white line at the top of your targetting thingy has moved.

Begin your kick by pulling down (towards you) with your right stick. When you do this, the targetting thingy will begin to fill up with red. The goal is to stop it at the top so that you kick the ball as hard as you can. I haven't had issues with losing accuracy by maxing out the gauge.

To stop the gauge from filling, push up on your right stick when the gauge is full. By practicing you can get a feel for when to go from pulling down to pushing up. While you're pushing up, also push the right stick right or left enough so that you line up with the white line at the top of your guage is lined up correctly. I don't remember if there's a second line that you want to put on top of the line or if you just want to center things. It might be that when you target in step one, the pie area at the top moves and when you kick there's a white line that you want to center in the now moved pie area.

You should be successful if you:
1. Line the kick up properly pre-snap.
2. Kick the ball hard enough by filling up the gauge.
3. Get the gauge's line to either line up with the other line or be centerd in the pie area at the top of the gauge (whichever it is).

You should definitely hit the practice field and you'll be an expert in no time. Start with shorter, centered kicks and then once you get the hang of the mechanics, you can move from hash to has and change the distance.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm not in front of my game so I'm only going off of recollection. Kicking is so easy to me that I don't even think when doing it so I might be off in some of the details.

Before the kick, point the giant arrow to the middle of the goal post (or not depending on cross winds) using your left stick. When you do this, you'll notice that the white line at the top of your targetting thingy has moved.

Begin your kick by pulling down (towards you) with your right stick. When you do this, the targetting thingy will begin to fill up with red. The goal is to stop it at the top so that you kick the ball as hard as you can. I haven't had issues with losing accuracy by maxing out the gauge.

To stop the gauge from filling, push up on your right stick when the gauge is full. By practicing you can get a feel for when to go from pulling down to pushing up. While you're pushing up, also push the right stick right or left enough so that you line up with the white line at the top of your guage is lined up correctly. I don't remember if there's a second line that you want to put on top of the line or if you just want to center things. It might be that when you target in step one, the pie area at the top moves and when you kick there's a white line that you want to center in the now moved pie area.

You should be successful if you:
1. Line the kick up properly pre-snap.
2. Kick the ball hard enough by filling up the gauge.
3. Get the gauge's line to either line up with the other line or be centerd in the pie area at the top of the gauge (whichever it is).

You should definitely hit the practice field and you'll be an expert in no time. Start with shorter, centered kicks and then once you get the hang of the mechanics, you can move from hash to has and change the distance.
I think he's playing on a PS2, but I'm not sure. Does PS2 still use the old three click kicking meter? Cause that's what it sounds like he's talking about.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I have found kicking so easy, on extra points and such, i dont even look at the screen when I kick the ball, I never miss. Only time I miss if its blocked or its far out and there is some wind combating my kicks. With my settings on kicking, its not always guaranteed from a distance, but its easy lining it up and getting full power.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Yea its just a timing/muscle memory thing. Click...click...its good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »