Home

Will 11 use NFL 10 engine?

This is a discussion on Will 11 use NFL 10 engine? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Will 11 use NFL 10 engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ
With all of the layoffs at Tiburon, NCAA 11 will look like Madden 10.5 with college cheerleaders and the triple option. I feel bad for the people who are losing their jobs.
There is some speculation out there that there won't even be a NCAA 11 as EA may streamline their portfolio. I hope that doesn't come to pass.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
There is some speculation out there that there won't even be a NCAA 11 as EA may streamline their portfolio. I hope that doesn't come to pass.
Although I believe you, I just can't believe there won't be a CFB game next year. Not sure you can just drop a game that sells over a mil each year
Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

According to quotes from EA, they're focusing on games that sell 2 million plus a year. That doesn't bode well for a million seller like NCAA.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #20
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaw46
Although I believe you, I just can't believe there won't be a CFB game next year. Not sure you can just drop a game that sells over a mil each year
Yeah, to be honest. I'm pretty sure they're not losing money on NCAA.

Plus, what games do they have that even sell 2 million? Madden, FIFA? that's gotta be about it.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ
With all of the layoffs at Tiburon, NCAA 11 will look like Madden 10.5 with college cheerleaders and the triple option. I feel bad for the people who are losing their jobs.
I don't want to go into what happened at EA yesterday, but nothing has changed for what we plan to deliver for NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #22
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
What did Adam say? I'd like to hear his thoughts. Maybe he leaked something?
I made a post about how the whole "engine" thing is thrown around too much on message boards. The problem is folks think changing one thing will fix all sorts of problems they have with the game, when in fact there is no one engine in NCAA and Madden. There are several engines, and scrapping them for some magic "new engine" would wipe out any progress gameplay has made the last 4 years.

I deleted it cause I've never worked hands on with gameplay and I hate to speak to something I'm not an authority on.

Ian Cummings posted a very good blog on OS explaining how the whole "engine" thing works. I wasn't in the mood to search for it last night, but I did just now.... I need to bookmark it and post it in engine threads for now on!

http://www.operationsports.com/Ian_C...-a-new-engine/
Old 11-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
There are several engines, and scrapping them for some magic "new engine" would wipe out any progress gameplay has made the last 4 years.
Reading that makes me think that it is possible, but I always get a half answer when I ask..

Why not scrap it and insert the last gen gameplay/"engine"?
I realize I'm being over simplistic, but in theory wouldn't it be possible?

Yes it had its minor flaws, but it is sooooo much better than any "progress" made with the next gen gameplay.

I mean could we conceivably have a game that played like 06 or 07 (xbox/ps2) and look as good as it does today?

Last edited by sportzbro; 11-11-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:50 AM   #24
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The sales are going and have been going down and fast since Next-Gen. Madden 10 also doesn't have the best sales, but it does have the best overall customer satisfactory out of any next gen football game. So my best bet is NCAA 2011 with an updated version of Madden would = better NCAA sales.
Hate to break it to you, but NCAA sales are up this year. Here's the data, and it seems to make a lot of sense:

Link to VG Chartz Xbox360 year by year comparison
Link to VG Chartz PS3 year by year comparison
Link to VG Chartz PS2 year by year comparison

NCAA 07 was full of promise. '08 sold pretty well. '09 did well at first, off a solid '08, but then tapered off faster because everyone realized that '09 just wasn't all that fun because of lack of good computer AI (which made offline bad) and "wide open" aka broken game play that made online just god awful.

So '10 rolls around, people are a little slower to buy it, having been burned by '09, but ultimately it's a game that plays pretty well offline and really well online and so people are still jumping on board.

PS3 sales are more than making up for the lack of PS2 sales as more and more finally adopt the struggling PS3 console.

Overall, in a more repressed economy, NCAA isn't doing to shabby. If you tell me they aren't making a pretty nice profit on this game, I wouldn't believe you.

Last edited by blazer003; 11-11-2009 at 04:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »