Home

Please say it aint so (personal problem)

This is a discussion on Please say it aint so (personal problem) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Please say it aint so (personal problem)

I've always enjoyed both NCAA and Madden. I love the way the games are intertwined with the draft classes. Playing an NCAA season then drafting the class to Madden has never worn itself thin with me.....until now.

Madden made some hefty strides this year with the heavy customization and I find myself not looking forward to playing out my NCAA seasons anymore.

Say it aint so, I NEVER thought that I would consider simming out my NCAA seasons just for the draft class but I think its about to happen.

There was always a small gap in gameplay between the two games, but it never was major enough to bother me. This year, the differences are VERY obvious.

NCAA dev team really needs to introduce customization/options, specific styles, gear, etc (same as Madden) next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Please say it aint so (personal problem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
NCAA dev team really needs to introduce customization/options, specific styles, gear, etc (same as Madden) next year.
NCAA needs a complete overhaul...from the AI, to the gameplay, presentation, sliders, dyansty mode...it all needs to be reworked. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some of the things mentioned above...I think there are critical issues with this game that need to be addressed first. Otherwise, we will see the same complaints posted from this year, in next year's forums.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
NCAA needs a complete overhaul...from the AI, to the gameplay, presentation, sliders, dyansty mode...it all needs to be reworked. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some of the things mentioned above...I think there are critical issues with this game that need to be addressed first. Otherwise, we will see the same complaints posted from this year, in next year's forums.
I believe that NCAA is dying a slow death, unfortunately. With the massive 1,500 job loss (layoffs) at EA, I don't see them overhauling anything. This game might stick around for a few more years but I don't see them making it any better or working the kinks out.

I agree that the game needs to be completely re-done, but I just don't see it happening.

I pray that I am DEAD wrong but some how, I don't think that I am.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #4
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Competition is a good thing. That is what will have NCAA IMO.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

NCAA is much better than Madden at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Honestly I don't see much of a gap between Madden and NCAA from a game play standpoint. They both suffer from the same issues. But, if you're talking presentation and whatnot, then yes, Madden is way ahead there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »