Home

Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11

This is a discussion on Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 60
Good list. Also, dreads would be awesome and the players need to look less like bodybuilders and more like collegiate football players.
One thing I'm not too worried about is game speed. I don't really mind it, as is. I play on Fast in Madden 10.
Good presentation is a must. Take a page out of the book that NCAA Basketball 10 is writing right now.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21
madden players run so unrealistically and have been able to literally stop and cut on a dime since next gen. I see virtually no difference there. they both need overhauls as far as agility. i want to turn the corner not, go right, cut perfect 88 degrees left, run like a moron. but other than that quick madden anger burst i had, these are great suggestions - a simpler recruiting. reworked recruiting yes, simpler.....ehh, but that is what options are for......like you said.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #19
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38
oh yeah btw....I'm also going to need that broadcast camera put in as well.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
I disagree with your recruiting suggestions... I'm not for dumbing down the process.. it only takes 10-15 minutes to do and is as least as much a fun part of the dynasty as playing games are.

I do agree with slowing the gamespeed down just a bit, not to the extreme Madden did with the "slow" online speed. But it could tap the breaks a bit and make for a more realistic timing system.
I agree with you on the recruiting, that is why they do need to have a a few recruiting levels, easy, normal, and advanced. I think it should be much harder to get top recruits to schools that are not perennially in the top 10-15, and you should have to put in "work" to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I really don't see the need for a Coaching Carosel it doesn't happen as much in real life , but to see some coaching changes would be cool
The last 3 years there have been 18, 23, and 23 coaches changes in college football. That, to me, is more than enough to warrant a Coaching Carousel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I agree on some things but I think there are some more important things that you left off the list.

1. The overall AI needs a huge upgrade. Things like blocking AI and the cpu AI in certain areas like making dual threat cpu qb's scramble more and be more effective with their legs.

2. The o-line vs d-line interaction still has a long ways to go, it is still very poor. At the very least more animations need to be added to give it more of an unpredictable feel.

3. Fix the poll logic, this has been broken for a long time and it keeps on getting ignored for whatever reason.

4. This may be asking too much but implementing some kind of momemtum physics. Players being able to cut and change directions on a dime espcially 300 pound defensive linemen is a problem.

5. Make the ratings matter more.

The three biggest things to me are presentation being improved, the ai being improved and the o-line vs d-line interaction. I doubt they will look at all three of these areas though and just add more fluff.
For me, the things you listed are all much more important then presentation. I know guys here are really big on presentation, but I will play a game with solid gameplay and Dynasty mode for months and months even with poor presentation, but a game with great presentation and poor gameplay and Dynasty will not hold my attention for even two weeks.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #21
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
great article, I want better presentation by far and a coaching hotseat etc.. Off field issues that require my attention such as grades and fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11

Coaching carousel is needed. I cant figure out why they arent coaches and coordinators in this game 5 years in to "next" gen.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 46
I think they should add a bunch of stuff to teambuilder and be able to create pride stickers
Old 11-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #24
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Another feature from madden that is essential to on the filed gameplay IMO is real clock runoff in between plays with an accellerated clock. The play clock should not just jump to 25 seconds when the play calling screen pops up with no effect on the game clock. You can't do this any better than Madden did (except to have an option for it to continue under 2 minutes).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »