Home

Analyse my stats, why am i losing lately?

This is a discussion on Analyse my stats, why am i losing lately? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Analyse my stats, why am i losing lately?

Team: WVU
Playbooks: Balanced, 4-2-5
Record: 73-35
Level: 11
DNF: 0%
Last 10: 2-8

Points Per Game: 30.0
Avg Points Against: 21.3
Offensive YPG: 301
Yards Allowed PG: 251
Avg Offensive Plays: 46
Passing YPG For: 203
Passing YPG Against: 181
Rushing YPG For: 98
Rushing YPG Against: 69
3rd Down %: 49
4th Down Attempts Per Game: 0
4th Down Conv. Success %: 0
Avg Sacks Against: 1.8
Avg INT For: 1.2
Avg INT Against: 1.7
Ave Time of Possession: 692
>>
I don’t know what it is lately. But for some reason people have been hanging around and then beating me at the end. And it’s been a lot of gimmicky crap and one or two bad plays on my end. I’ve been a little gun-shy lately too b/c I had some bad losses b/c of turnovers and missed 4th down conversions. I have experimented with other playbooks too which have led to bad things but for the most part the stats about are based on 95% balanced and the 425 playbooks. I think the biggest key to winning is being able to run it on 3 and 3 and the balanced book does that for me. The downside is it’s kinda hard to really stretch the field. The 5wr section really sucks and I don’t like any of the combo routes on there. I rarely use play action b/c im afraid of taking a big loss on a sack. I don’t scramble out of the pock, if anything I try to step up. I think based on my stats my offense is ok.
>>
Defense. I think the 425 is my best option and have used it the last two years. But I tend to struggle against players that can run the ball well and keep me honest with the deep ball. If they have a somewhat quick QB and they utilize all three of these things I have a really hard time stopping anyone. I seem to get my defense in good 3and long situations often but I get burned down the field b/c I can’t get to the QB and my man or zone just doesn’t hold up.
>>
Tell me what you see based on my stats and background info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

Re: Analyse my stats, why am i losing lately?

im guessing these are you overall stats that helped you get to 73 wins, the last 10 I'm sure would be a little different.Your stats are pretty balenced have you given up on the run to fast or become pass happy or lost opportunities because you were too committed to the run, stats don't tell the story a lot of the time. just make sure you mix up Your play calls and try to get back to what made you successful then make adjustments here and there.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut17
im guessing these are you overall stats that helped you get to 73 wins, the last 10 I'm sure would be a little different.Your stats are pretty balenced have you given up on the run to fast or become pass happy or lost opportunities because you were too committed to the run, stats don't tell the story a lot of the time. just make sure you mix up Your play calls and try to get back to what made you successful then make adjustments here and there.
I'm just stuck in between here... i can really air it out with the cinci playbook but that's more risk reward and i can't run the ball for anything with passing playbooks. I love being able to run it down someone's throat with the balanced playbook if needed and killing the clock but if i get down by more than 7 and have to score in a hurry it can be more difficult if they are any good on defense. Balanced playbook does have some nice deep plays but they are like a few and far between and i dont like over using any single play.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Banned

I think the main problem is being able to stop someone who is a pretty good passer. It's like there is nothing in the playbook that either doesnt give the QB all day to throw and find someone open or the blitz leaves too many holes down the field or in the flats.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

If your QB has some speed, I would mix in some scrambling. I hardly ever pass from the pocket with my qb. Scrambling is part of what makes college football, pocket passing is a more rare occurance in comparison to the NFL. If there is nothing there, then break out of the pocket and make something happen with your legs. I rarely run it for a gain, I just scramble to try to pull the field, spread the receivers out and letting my linemen get in position to get some cut off blocks. It actually helps quite a bit, I finished 9th in the NCAA last season with Tyrod Taylor, and he finished 4th in the Heisman Race. I had some great rushing with him as well, but a mix of scrambling/passing/options provides for some great offensive production.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
If your QB has some speed, I would mix in some scrambling. I hardly ever pass from the pocket with my qb. Scrambling is part of what makes college football, pocket passing is a more rare occurance in comparison to the NFL. If there is nothing there, then break out of the pocket and make something happen with your legs. I rarely run it for a gain, I just scramble to try to pull the field, spread the receivers out and letting my linemen get in position to get some cut off blocks. It actually helps quite a bit, I finished 9th in the NCAA last season with Tyrod Taylor, and he finished 4th in the Heisman Race. I had some great rushing with him as well, but a mix of scrambling/passing/options provides for some great offensive production.

I scramble when needed. BUt i'm never going to be that guy who rolls out on every pass. I try to step up in the pocket, pass first, and if a hole opens up in in front of me i take off down the field north south, never east west. If i rolled out it would mess up my reads and only give me one side of the field to work with.

I'm in my last regular season game in my online dynasty with 5 of my best friends so im gonna stick with what got me there undefeated and try to win the national championship. If i do im going to switch things up offensively to either the Florida, Eastern Mich, or Cinci playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »